Just 48 hours after assessment and DWP have received written report? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Just 48 hours after assessment and DWP have received written report?

Comments

• PIPnewbie
    PIPnewbie Community member Posts: 298 Pioneering
    edited September 2018
    niknoo said:
    PIPnewbie said:
    niknoo said:
    I’ve just got a copy of my report and it’s absolutely accurate, the only thing that he has put that has upset me is to be reviewed in 18 months based on my mental health (which I have suffered with for 12+yrs) I also have several physical disabilities which are lifelong chronic conditions, no cure :( 

My question is, if I do MR for the length of the award will I still get what they’ve award me (looks like enhanced for both!) or does the award stop? If that makes sense. Advice needed xx
    So you have the report but not the decision?  Did you phone up for your report?  How long after your face to face did you receive your report?
    Yes, I rang last Tuesday and got it today xx

Thanks for the reply.  Was your assessment last Monday and then you rang up on the Tuesday, or was your face to face earlier?
  • niknoo
    niknoo Community member Posts: 46 Connected
    It was the Thursday before. I got a text 3days later to say they had my report. So the day after they sent text I rang xxx
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,347 Disability Gamechanger
    niknoo said:
    @poppy123456 the report itself is absolutely fantastic. Although it has reduced me to tears reading it, I am so happy he with it. I blew the point system out the water, it’s jusy his recommendation of the award length that’s upset me. It should be longer. Although I haven’t actually had my award letter yet, maybe they will award me longer? xxxx
    My daughters report was exactly the same, she claims for ASD, learning disability and social anxiety disorder. Scored 12 points for mobility and 20 points for daily living. Award length..... 2 years with review after 1 year. Totally ridiculous considering she'll need help for the rest of her life. The decision mirrored the report for her. Please do get some advice before asking for the MR for the length of time.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • PIPnewbie
    niknoo said:
    It was the Thursday before. I got a text 3days later to say they had my report. So the day after they sent text I rang xxx

I just realised, you must have rang early yesterday for you to have received your report in the post already :) 

You've given us the confidence to ring up tomorrow for her report then.  What time did you call?  We will do the same, for luck :) 
  • niknoo
    niknoo said:
    @poppy123456 the report itself is absolutely fantastic. Although it has reduced me to tears reading it, I am so happy he with it. I blew the point system out the water, it’s jusy his recommendation of the award length that’s upset me. It should be longer. Although I haven’t actually had my award letter yet, maybe they will award me longer? xxxx
    My daughters report was exactly the same, she claims for ASD, learning disability and social anxiety disorder. Scored 12 points for mobility and 20 points for daily living. Award length..... 2 years with review after 1 year. Totally ridiculous considering she'll need help for the rest of her life. The decision mirrored the report for her. Please do get some advice before asking for the MR for the length of time.
    I will wait and see what the award letter says xxx
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2022
    niknoo said:
    Mike [removed by moderator] suggested doing it another way without the need for a MR. Asking the DWP what evidence have they used to base their decision on for the length of the award. He says it never fails as the DWP haven't used any evidence - they work on the basis that if no application on the PIP2 form is made for an ongoing award the DWP will always give the shortest award length that they think that they can get away with. 
  • niknoo
    edited September 2018
    @Yadnad how do I do this please? xxx
  • niknoo
    PIPnewbie said:
    niknoo said:

I just realised, you must have rang early yesterday for you to have received your report in the post already :) 

You've given us the confidence to ring up tomorrow for her report then.  What time did you call?  We will do the same, for luck :) 
    I rang them last Tuesday Hun, so I had my assessment on 13th sept, received a text to say the had my report on 17th, rang for report on 18th, just after midday, and received it today. So took one week and one day to get to me. 
    I hope this breaks it down for you a bit more. Xxx
  • sarah50
    sarah50 Community member Posts: 119 Pioneering
    @pipnewbie hi sorry to be the bearer of bad news. my report was received by the decision maker quite quickly but decision took 3 months to come. Hope your claim goes better than mine. X
  • PIPnewbie
    sarah50 said:
    @pipnewbie hi sorry to be the bearer of bad news. my report was received by the decision maker quite quickly but decision took 3 months to come. Hope your claim goes better than mine. X

They've apparently sent the award letter out so it should be coming this week :neutral:

Hope you got the award you wanted :smile:

• sarah50
    I did not they awarded me just 2 pts despite the fact that nothing has changed. I am now embarking on the fight of my life. Mandatory reconsideration in waiting to hear.
  • PIPnewbie
    edited October 2018
    sarah50 said:
    I did not they awarded me just 2 pts despite the fact that nothing has changed. I am now embarking on the fight of my life. Mandatory reconsideration in waiting to hear.
    I'm sorry to hear that 

How did the face to face go?  Was the assessor a bit of a horrible person?
  • sarah50
    @pipnewbie I wouldn't say she was a horrible person. But she did not accurately record my answers she has quoted me as saying I can do things I said I could not her report has contradictions in it and she quite clearly states that my GP keeps offering me pain meds and sleep inducers which no doctor has ever offered, she also noted that I was clean well kempt and well nourished! I have downloaded the dwp guidelines for pip assessors and she very obviously has not applied those guidelines with regard to the reliability criteria also the dwp decision maker seems to have downgraded the descriptors further. My god I have only been dealing with this for a week and I have read pages and pages of their guidelines, I will be better trained than them by the Tim I get through this. . .if it doesn't kill me off lol
  • Yadnad
    sarah50 said:
    @pipnewbie I wouldn't say she was a horrible person. But she did not accurately record my answers she has quoted me as saying I can do things I said I could not her report has contradictions in it and she quite clearly states that my GP keeps offering me pain meds and sleep inducers which no doctor has ever offered, she also noted that I was clean well kempt and well nourished! I have downloaded the dwp guidelines for pip assessors and she very obviously has not applied those guidelines with regard to the reliability criteria also the dwp decision maker seems to have downgraded the descriptors further. My god I have only been dealing with this for a week and I have read pages and pages of their guidelines, I will be better trained than them by the Tim I get through this. . .if it doesn't kill me off lol
    The guidelines you mention are only guidelines - they are not law.

• sarah50
    edited October 2018
    I realise that they are only guidelines and not law but DWP obviously wrote them to help the hcp produce consistent accurate reports that include correctly judged information and why did they bother if HCPs were not meant to follow them.
  • Red1983dawn
    Red1983dawn Community member Posts: 26 Listener
    I got a txt 3 days after my f2f and have recently received a letter telling me they have all the info they need am unsure if this is good or bad

Please help
  • Yadnad
    sarah50 said:
    I realise that they are only guidelines and not law but DWP obviously wrote them to help the hcp produce consistent accurate reports that include correctly judged information and why did they bother if HCPs were not meant to follow them.
    Maybe it is because the assessors don't want to follow the guidance - they are more interested in maximum output to reach targets. Quality of reporting as outlined in the guidance is a stumbling block to that end - cut corners for maximum return.
  • poppy123456
    I got a txt 3 days after my f2f and have recently received a letter telling me they have all the info they need am unsure if this is good or bad

Please help
    It means exactly what the letter says and nothing else. it's not good or bad. As advised on your other thread it's a standard letter they send to everyone, if you haven't given your mobile number. If you have then you'll receive a text message instead.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Red1983dawn
    Red1983dawn Community member Posts: 26 Listener
    I received both which is why I'm confused with and sorry to be a mither 
  • poppy123456
    I received both which is why I'm confused with and sorry to be a mither 
    It still doesn't mean anything.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.