ESA — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA

Macky47
Macky47 Community member Posts: 46 Connected
I received letter from DWP about looking back at my claim for ESA contribution based. They rang me 3september, they said they were going to look at my claim dating back to July 2013, as when migrated from incapacity benefit I may have been placed in wrong group & possibly owed backdated premiums. If when decision is made i could be moved across to income related ESA. I would like to ask has this happened to anyone. Thx

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Yes absolutely. When people moved across from IB to ESA they were automatically placed onto CB ESA and were never assessed for any Income Related top up. DWP realised their mistake and are now contacting those that maybe affected. Being assessed for this can take a few months or more, that's because there's most likely a backlog of people waiting for the same reasons you are. Hopefully not much longer now.

You'll always be on Contributions based but with an Income Related top up.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Macky47
    Will I then be entitled to SDP
  • poppy123456
    Yes as previously advised in your other thread about SDP, see here.

I know it's stressful waiting but there's really nothing you can do until they've assessed your claim, any money owed will be backdated along with the SDP once you apply as stated in your previous threads.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Macky47
    DWP, told me when decision is made they would possibly move me over to income related ESA
  • poppy123456
    Macky47 said:
    DWP, told me when decision is made they would possibly move me over to income related ESA
    You'll receive an Income related top up on your contributions based. You'll always be on Contributions based but the income related top up with give you free prescriptions, eye tests and dental treatment, along with the premiums on top.
  • Macky47
    What do you mean by premiums on top, sorry for being a pain. 
  • poppy123456
    The income related top ups as i explained to you in one of your previous threads.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.