Waiting for my ESA appeal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Waiting for my ESA appeal

Options
tobyblue
tobyblue Community member Posts: 4 Listener
I have been waiting since march for my esa appeal. I have incontinence copd sciatica and migrane fits .Has anyone any idea how much longer i will have to wait for my appeal and also how many points i may be awarded? I am 61 yrs.

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @tobyblue
    Welvome to the community! Did they suggest roughly how long you could be waiting for?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • tobyblue
    Options
    Nothing at all as to when ami but ive had all my bundles off paper work back and also bits of evidence that I had sent them.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Some people are waiting a year or more for their hearing date for Tribunal, so you could be waiting a while yet. You can ring HMCTS and ask them how much longer they think it will be, this will only be a guide but it will give you some idea.

Also remember that PIP isn't awarded based on a diagnosis, it's about how those conditions affect you daily. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • tobyblue
    Options
    Thank you Poppy.x
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community, @tobyblue! For what it's worth, I hope things move forward for you soon, and do keep us updated.
  • aqualucid
    aqualucid Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    Hi, don't wish to be the bearer of bad news but I can only write from my own personal experience. I have heard that it depends on area. I am in west midlands and I had to wait a full thirteen months for my tribunal. I did win but I suppose the only upside is the longer you wait the more back pay due to you. Sincerely hope you do not have the wait that I did. Good luck

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.