Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

Should I be looking for work while claiming UC?

SeamusSeamus Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited October 2018 in Universal Credit
Hi. Could someone tell me if you still have to look for work or go to college while claiming Universal credit. A sicknote has been supplied saying unfit for work? Thanks in advance.

Replies

• thespicemanthespiceman Member Posts: 6,408 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Seamus Pleased to meet you welcome. Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am unsure of an answer to your question.  Some one will know from our community or team.  Be able to answer.

I am one of the community champions on the forum. Wanted to welcome you and give you guidance and advice if I can.

We are a supportive, friendly community. Care and share.

Plenty of information, advice and new friends.

Please ask if we can help some one will know.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,903 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

This will totally depend on your job coach. Some will make you job search still for a certain number or hours per week. If you're having issues completing the job searches per week then you should speak to your job coach. A fit note for UC doesn't automatically excuse you from the job searches unfortunately.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • Pippa_AlumniPippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,851 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community, @Seamus! This Turn2Us page on UC and working may also be worth a read.
Sign in or join us to comment.