Benefits process is pushing me over the edge — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Benefits process is pushing me over the edge

23talltrees23
23talltrees23 Community member Posts: 8 Connected
edited October 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have Fibromyalgia & am struggling as my husband has been of work since june with a Terminal Illness & now although i get pip myself we are now on a joint claim, & I have had to apply for UC & ESA. Now they have sent an appt for a Medical. I've  requested a Home Visit as I cant leave my hubby...& even sent a Drs letter to explain im not at all well, plus extra stress & upset with my hubby, loss of my mum in a RTA & my dad died in my arms 4yrs ago from MS....
All this extra stress with another medical are pushing me over the edge...im worried about myself, let alone my Dr & Counsellor, & my future. No Siblings, No Children or Family Living close...
Are they still allowed to treat me like this?????

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I'm sorry to hear all of this. Most people have to have a face 2 face assessment, whether it's for PIP, ESA or UC if they're claiming Limited capability for work. It's rare to have a paper based assessment.

Have they refused you a home assessment? Do you attend other appointments like GP ect? If you do then they can say that if you can go to those then you can attend the face 2 face assessment. Do you have a friend that can stay with your husband while you go to the assessment?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Do you have any help from cab or welfare rights or social work? 
  • Saracen
    Saracen Community member Posts: 66 Pioneering
    Hi 23talltrees23
    Which part of the uk do u live in, If it takes away some of your stress as I can see you are under so much I would willingly research what help is available in your area and post it here, but only if it will help you and not stress u out anymore.
    Yours sincerely
    Saracen
  • 23talltrees23
    Help how do i answer the people?? Which button do i use....
  • poppy123456
    Help how do i answer the people?? Which button do i use....
    Im not sure what you mean, as you've replied here on this thread.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • 23talltrees23
    Lol i meant to the above saracen..or do I answer here and all the threads see it???
  • poppy123456
    If you want to reply on this thread then yes, like you're doing now but it will only be shown on this thread.
  • sarah50
    sarah50 Community member Posts: 119 Pioneering
    Or you can put an @ symbol before the name of the actual poster that you wish to reply to @23talltrees23
  • 23talltrees23
    Well now Mcmillian CAB lady is stepping in to fast track.my home visit health assessment!!! Only been going on since June! My Fibro is terrible & my antidepressants have been increased.. still finding it all stressfull...
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    You can also message privately by using the symbol for messages and typing in the name 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.