Girlfriend now told can't have report until award letter! - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Girlfriend now told can't have report until award letter!

2»

Comments

• niknoo
    niknoo Community member Posts: 46 Connected
    Timescales are so off aren’t they? And different everywhere. I got a text on 17th sept saying they’d got report and I’d hear within 6 weeks and yesterday I got a letter dated 27th saying they’ve got all they need to make a decision? 3 weeks today since assessment. Got report last week. Just want decision letter lol
  • Shlbly
    Shlbly Community member Posts: 136 Pioneering
    PIPnewbie said:
    Shlbly said:
    PIPnewbie said:
    Shlbly said:
    PIPnewbie said:
    Yeah I'm getting exhausted with this and moreso my poor girlfriend.  I am wondering if it's just worth waiting now.  My only concern is if they send the consultation report with the decision letter.  If I know they definitely will, I'll accept waiting.

After all, the decision letter isn't necessarily going to take the full 6 weeks is it?
    Hi sorry you are going through all this, but I can empathise as I am on my second time around in 18 months with PIP. Lost my appeal in March 2018, due to lies and omissions from assessor, then DWP agreeing with everything he said, I was on DLA high rate for 8 years, illnesses are degenerative and have only got worse. New claim and had my F2F on the 8th August, phoned 4 days later, they said they hadn’t received the report, but would put it on the system that I wanted a copy. I the received this a week later, however still haven’t had a desicion as yet, over 8 weeks now, I know now that they do all this to try and grind you down, then you give up, it is very wearing, but keep going, you will get there in the end, good luck!
    I’m sorry to hear you’ve gone through this.

Did the report you received on your consultation at least shed some positive light? That the accessor was honest, etc.?
    Thank you, as I am you.

Yes it did this time as had my local Councillor attend with me, was recorded and she still minimised things, but not so much that it affected points, 8 and 10 in 2017, looks like 21 and 16 this time if the DWP don’t change it.
    Wow that’s an incredible change.  Congratulations!

I am hoping that this accessor of my girlfriend was honest.  He never argued with anything she said, just typed it away, said she didn’t have to perform the exercises and explained it’s not a vital component of the assessment, and was very stern and firm, but seemingly fair.

Whether that is reflected in the report remains to be seen.

My girlfriend is about to phone up for the third time to request the report.  If they say no, shall she say she isn’t in Northern Ireland so is entitled to it?
    You are allowed the report, so don’t take a no, good luck.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.