PIP Tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Tribunal

MRoalf
MRoalf Community member Posts: 8 Connected
edited October 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I am so happy to have found this sight as I am at the end of my rope after loosing my DLA after 26 years due to the change over to PIP.

I am just setting out on what I guess will be a long haul on the tribunal road for PIP. I sent my request off on Tuesday by twenty four delivery so as not to miss the deadline for the request. The problem that I have is  I have forgotten exactly what I wrote in the box for issues that I am appealing against I can however say with confidence that I enclosed a copy of the Mandatory Reconsideration request letter that I sent in to the DWP in which I pointed out all the issues why I was requesting the reconsideration, can anyone tell me if the tribunal will be held on the grounds only entered in the box or will be on the grounds highlighted with the initial letter as well? Is there a way that I change my grounds if I need to. Also can anyone inform me how long it should take for acknowledgement of the request for tribunal? I know I am asking a lot but i am also interested to know how long it will take to receive the DWP'S evidence pack?  

Comments

• Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @MRoalf,

Welcome to Scope's online community! It's great to have you here. :) 

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you've been having with PIP. It sounds like a really stressful time for you.

I've moved this post into our dedicated PIP category, so other members of our community can offer advice and support and help you answer your questions.

Do let us know if we can help in any way! :)

Liam
  • MRoalf
    Thanks LiamO I am grateful to say that SCOPE have already been very helpful, if it wasn't for SCOPE I would be absolutely worried sick but I have got the feeling that with their help the next few months will be far easier to endure.
  • markyboy
    markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    They will look at all the evidence including what you put in your original application and your MR also they will look at any more info that you send between now and the hearing`things that you might of forgot which is relevant as long as it only relates to how you was at the assessment date
    The pack from the DWP usually arrives within 4 weeks and will include your original application so you will have loads of time to study it and make your objections as unfortunately at the moment waiting up to a year for a tribunal is not unusual
  • MRoalf
    Thanks for your reply, that is putting my mind at rest, though it does worry me tremendously thinking that I will need to wait for up to a year, don't they realise that people have bills and payments that have to be made while they are taking their time over arranging for the tribunal how do people ever manage to keep sane and make ends meet as well as pasify creditors and other people all clambering to be paid. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

You're not the only one feeling this way. Most areas have huge backlogs for Tribunal waiting times with some waiting over 1 year. Unfortunately there's really nothing you can do other than ring HMCTS and ask how long the waiting times are for your area. It's just a guide but it will give you some idea. Good luck with the Tribunal.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Mikey44
    Mikey44 Community member Posts: 74 Courageous
    If you are in a position to contact your local MP they may be able to ask the Tribunal to if possible arrange an earlier Date as waiting has been causing me such Stress and has made my Anxiety and Blood Pressure issues worse and I received a date in October when the DWP earlier told me July 2019 at the earliest but the MP’s letter seems to have helped as it was viewed by a Tribunal Judge who allowed the Date and I go there on 18/10/18 now so try that and good luck.
  • MRoalf
    Good luck yourself mate and thank you so much for your advice, i will certainly bear this in mind though I don't think at this very early stage i will get very far at the moment. I do hope it all goes well for you.
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @MRoalf

You can send the tribunal clerk further evidence in support of your appeal up to two weeks before tribunal date, and even up to two pages of A4 on the day.

The tribunal can only consider how your disabilities were at the time of your application for PIP, not as they are now if those have changed at all.

Disability Rights UK site has a good guide to PIP appeals.

71% of appeals win.
  • MRoalf
    It's nice to hear that some people are having some happy outcomes to this at the moment it seems a very worrying time. Thanks for that Matilda.
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.