DWP Court Case and PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DWP Court Case and PIP

Options
BigBen
BigBen Community member Posts: 13 Listener
edited October 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone I don't really know where to ask this. I take it your all aware of the court case dwp lost regarding pip? I was just wondering has anyone heard any news at all regarding their own claim for pip or had backdated payments. I'm on pip myself and not heard a single thing from dwp yet. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,269 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

The only changes made last year to the PIP descriptors where for following and planning a journey and they removed the words "for reasons other than pyscological distress" Not everyone will qualify for this. If your PIP was awarded before 28th November 2016 then they won't be looking at your PIP award. If it was awarded after this and this descriptor applies to you then they may look at your award again. DWP will contact you if this applies to you, you don't need to contact them.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • BigBen
    BigBen Community member Posts: 13 Listener
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Thanks for getting back to me and for that information Poppy you've been a great help to me. My first face to face assessment was on 31\10\16 and I don't know when I decision was made but I received my first pip payment on 17\11\16.

Around this time last year I got diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome and I'm on the Autism Spectrum and had another face to face assessment because of a change in my circumstances and in January this year I got more points but I still just get the standard daily living rate but my pip claim was extended by another year if I remember rightly. 

I also suffer from Stress, Anxiety and Depression. 

Do you think my claim will be looked at with having a change in circumstances, face to face again and a review of my claim last year and a decision made early this year or will it be based on when I originally claimed pip? Don't worry if you don't know. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.