Payment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Payment

Options
Siaman63
Siaman63 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
Hi do I have to declare a payment, my company have finally agreed to finish me on health grounds when I receive payment do I have to declare

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,023 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It depends what payment you're talking about. It is a lump sum payment or an ill health pension?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Siaman63
    Options
    Hi it is a lump sum to end my contract on grounds of ill health
    Siaman63
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Contributions based ESA is not affected by savings/capital. Some ESA claims have an income related top up, if yours does then savings/capital over £6,000 will affect the Income related top up.

Savings/capital affect means tested benefits anything £6,000 and over affects them £1 for every £250 over that amount. £16,000 and over and all means tested benefits stop. If you claim housing benefit and council tax reduction then these are means tested benefits.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Siaman63
    Options
    I understand that thanks all I need to know is will I have to declare it to the ESA I think it's going to be around £ 3.000
  • poppy123456
    Options
    No, not if your ESA is all Contributions based.
  • Siaman63
    Options
    Thanks for your input very helpful.
    Regards

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.