Pip Tribunal Date at last. . — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip Tribunal Date at last. .

Cheekypomme
Cheekypomme Community member Posts: 4 Listener
After receiving my tribunal papers on 8th May 2016 I've finally got court date for 5th October 2018....
In February of this year,  I was awarded standard Pip & mobility.
The Citizens Advice have been dealing with this for me since the beginning and have been great, they will be with me, representing me in court.
They seem to think it will be cut and dry with the Pip renewal sanctioned earlier this year. This is for the back pay, Lord knows how long that will take to arrive if I win...hmm but I guess I'll soon see...trying not to stress about it....

Comments

• atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Hi

Welcome to the community.

Sorry to learn about the delays, you have experienced with the appeal process.

However, there a number of positives to make you aware of, at this stage.

Over 70% of appeals at the tribunals go in favour of the claimant?

Claimants that are represented at the tribunal, signicantly increase their chances.

You can also take a companion with you to the tribunal, for informal support for you. They will not be asked to speak on your behalf.

Be your natural self, only you know how your disabilities affect you, so explain them in as much detail as possible.

After the decision has been handed down, both parties have 30 days to consider an appeal.

You should expect back pay around eight weeks after the case.

Hope this helps, please let us know if we can help further.
  • Cheekypomme
    Great thanks,  not looking forward to it but really needs to be over with now....my speech isn't great which is the main reason I'm dreading it.   :/
  • JustJan
    JustJan Community member Posts: 38 Courageous
    Good luck with your tribunal. I won mine last week. 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Cheekypomme, and wishing you all the best for your tribunal. If you haven't seen it already, Scope's guidance on DWP appeals may help you to prepare. Do keep us updated!
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    Wow, mine took 9 months! Good luck!
  • yanni
    yanni Community member Posts: 91 Pioneering

If you are claiming under the Communicating Verbally activity because of your speech you could contact the tribunal service and ask for communication support at the hearing.  Perhaps you could submit a written statement that the CAB representative reads out and you confirm it is correct or write your answers down and someone read them out for you?

I have problems understanding speech due to hearing loss and at my tribunal they provided a speech to text typist so I could read what was being said so I would hope they could do something similar for you?

• Cheekypomme
    Great idea, thanks!
  • Cheekypomme
    Update on today's tribunal. ..
    So waited since Nov 2016 finally got the date for today and they said they didn't have a copy of my ESA  Assessment from Jan 2017 or a copy of my medical records so I've to wait again now....not happy....surely Citizens advice should of made sure that all paperwork was submitted in the first place  .after all they know what's expected from me. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.