Not hearing from PIP - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Not hearing from PIP

Options
2»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    Type your comment Thank you Yadnad & if people had read my original post they would see that I was rung out of the blue with an assessor demanding they came giving less than 48 hours notice. This does not count as a  refusal & was confirmed to my husband when he rang them
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,981 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    if you refused the home assessment when they rang they may think you're refusing an assessment and return your file to DWP.
    Note, i did state may...
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    Still getting DLA I wish to be removed from this site. Second time on f asking 
  • medwaymum
    medwaymum Community member Posts: 9 Connected
    Options
    I had a PIP  assessment in my home and honestly you will find it so much better than in an office ,so ring them back and ask for another appointment but I promise you in your home you will feel more comfortable than in an office ,hope all goes well.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Someone want to say where they’re getting these notice periods from and provide a link?
    Hi Mike, the infamous CAB website once again

If your PIP claim is rejected because you missed your assessment, you can ask the DWP to change this decision. You must have been given at least 7 days’ written notice of the assessment date (unless you agreed to a shorter notice period).

That particular entry is within a red box so I presume it is important?
    Now don't tell me that this advice is wrong again!

• Yadnad
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I’ve no idea where they’ve got that from at all. 
    https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/pip/help-with-your-claim/your-assessment/

About half way down in a red box.

Are you actually saying that once again the CAB are putting out duff information?
    If so why are so many posters being encouraged to visit the CAB for advice? 
    Carry on like this and the CAB will be forced to hang a banner saying 'beware of dodgy advice'.
  • Tardis
    Tardis Community member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    Options
    PIP Regulations 2013?  I haven't checked more recent amendments, and not sure how to quote, but part 2 item 9 includes

"3) Paragraph (2) does not apply unless —

(a)written notice of the date, time and, where applicable, place for, the consultation is sent to C at least 7 days in advance; or

(b)C agrees, whether in writing or otherwise, to accept a shorter period of notice of those matters."

• Yadnad
    Options
    Thanks Tardis for that.

I don't get involved with regulations generally as I am as likely to quote the wrong one and make myself appear stupid.
    I generally go by what the CAB site says but I am now finding out that all is not good about their advice - it can be poor or misleading.
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I can see this persons point as it would kill me to be phoned up and told I’m having a home visit due to my health issues. You must be able to say where your assessment takes place home or Centre to where suits you best surely? Same applies to when? 
    Anyway if the person has gone why is those still open please? Scope ?
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    Options
    I was originally contacted in May/June and got my stuff back on June 21st. After 13 weeks with no contact I assumed no f2f and then received a telephone call on a Thursday to be seen for a f2f on the following Monday. That was 4 weeks ago and this Monday I received a letter saying they now had enough information to make a decision. I still await their actual decision.

I did have an indefinite award for DLA but, having such unique problems, am expecting difficulties as I always get them through people not understanding what is actually wrong and then also being unable to research it (technically my condition doesn't exist).

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • Yadnad
    Options
    No, the decision on where is for the assessment provider. If you disagree with their use of their discretion then you do an EA 10 RAs request if EA 10 applies to you.

Ditto when. Whole system would fall apart inside a month if it was left to claimants to dictate their availability and preferences. If there are needs dictated by health e.g, not mornings, then again use EA 10 and ask for an RA.
    That does seem to be the way forward.

However and ever the pessimist how would the ordinary individual deal with such a request? I've had a good look through most of the PIP documentation and many websites and nothing is mentioned about using the Equality Act. Once again is this something that only those 'in the know' will have in mind?
    If so then we are back at the age old argument of a two tier system - those who have someone to guide them and the rest just trundle along not knowing very much about anything.

Should all of this information and help be put out by the DWP as part of an 'all inclusive' policy?
  • Tardis
    Tardis Community member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    Options
    As an ordinary individual, I wrote a letter, asking for a paper based assessment as a reasonable adjustment under the Equality Act 2010.  I also sent in additional (compelling) evidence with this.  I followed this up with a phone call to both DWP and IAS to check they had received this.  They cancelled the F2F and did a PBA.  

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.