Review in 2 years — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Review in 2 years

poppy60
poppy60 Community member Posts: 46 Connected
hi
on my report it says review in 2 years but I’ve not had a decision yet 

Comments

• markyboy
    markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    Sounds like yo have been awarded a 3 tear award with a review in 2 years Decision letter should follow
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    poppy60 said:
    hi
    on my report it says review in 2 years but I’ve not had a decision yet 
    Hi,
    Did you add up the dots and ticks in the boxes? A review date recommendation doesn't mean there's enough points for an award. They have a strange way of doing things but i've often heard people say there's a review date and there recommendation for points scored isn't enough for an award.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy60
    Sorry what do you mean by 3 tear award ?
    sorry I’m not having a good day ?
  • poppy60
    Just checked the dots and should get 14 for care and 12 for mobility 
  • MRoalf
    MRoalf Community member Posts: 8 Connected
    Sorry but what are you talking about dots, I don't understand. 
  • poppy60
    Was told to add up ticks and dots in the boxes which I’ve done 
  • poppy123456
    poppy60 said:
    Sorry what do you mean by 3 tear award ?
    sorry I’m not having a good day ?
    I think that should have said year and not tear.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456
    MRoalf said:
    Sorry but what are you talking about dots, I don't understand. 
    In a PIP assessment report there's boxes with dots or ticks, these are the recommendations for the decision maker because they're recommendations only they aren't added up in the report. You have to use the PIP descriptors to added them and this will give you the score that's recommended. It's rare for the decision maker to go against the report.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    So the length of the award actually starts with the assessor. Does the assessor have to justify the length suggested?
    Is this advice given by the assessor a conflict of interest - the more assessments they get through the more money they make? It isn't really in their interest to advise long award periods.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Yadnad said:
    So the length of the award actually starts with the assessor. Does the assessor have to justify the length suggested?
    Is this advice given by the assessor a conflict of interest - the more assessments they get through the more money they make? It isn't really in their interest to advise long award periods.

I can't check mine as when they come in they get shredded.

• poppy60
    @markyboy
    what do you mean by a 3 tier award please ?
  • poppy60
    markyboy said:
    Sounds like yo have been awarded a 3 tear award with a review in 2 years Decision letter should follow

• poppy60
    Type your commen
  • poppy123456
    poppy60 said:
    markyboy said:

Tear = year. Seems obvious it was a typo lol. These things can happen especially if using auto correct.
  • poppy60
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    Yadnad said:

@yadnad it does indeed start, and come from the assessment assessor, and the DWP mostly will follow it.  if you look at my report that will give a great example to me getting an ongoing award.

⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• poppy60
    @Government_needs_reform
    thats what my MS nurse was expecting me to get 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.