Does PIP affect ESA? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Does PIP affect ESA?

Sharlon22
Sharlon22 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited October 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I just put in a claim for pip and was wondering if this would affect my esa as I have not been payed yet? Please help 

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 118 Listener
    No it wont as the benefits dont overlap and either can be claimed without the other or indeed both together. 
  • Sharlon22
    Thank you but this doesn't explain why I haven't been payed and its really making me stress 

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Sharlon22 welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear this. Have you tried contacting them?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Have you had a face to face assessment for the PIP claim? Most people have these, as it's rare to have a paper based assessment.

Are you due an ESA payment or have you recently started a claim for this too? If you've already claimed, are you in a group?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Sharlon22
    I'm in the support group for esa and Ive only just claimed pip 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    Have you rang them to ask why you haven't received payment? This will be the only way you'll know why. Unless you've received another ESA50 form recently and haven't returned it then this could be a reason why you haven't received payment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.