Reapplying for PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Reapplying for PIP

Options
LinLouRob62
LinLouRob62 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited October 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
My son has Asperger's , he is 29 my form to reapply for pip has come need help as last time we had to appeal which made my son extremely ill with the stress .

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @LinLouRob62 welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear what you and you son had to go through.

Citizens Advice have a question-by-question guide to filling in an ESA50 form/filling in a PIP claim form on their website which might you might find helpful. You could also contact your local bureau should you need further support. 

Please let us know if there is anything else that we can help you with! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @LinLouRob62 and welcome to the community!

As @Ami2301 said, the CAB guide to filling in the PIP forms is very good.

We understand how stressful it can be when the time for reassessment comes around especially if you have previously been through the appeal process.  Gathering as much evidence as you can is a good idea, and lots of people say to make sure you add in as much detail as possible to the form.

Take your time in filling it in, it can be stressful and overwhelming so doing it in one go can feel like it is too much.  As Ami said, you can speak to the CAB to see if they could help in filling in the forms with you.

Best of luck to you and please let us know if you have any more questions

Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.