Assessment report — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assessment report

poppy60
poppy60 Community member Posts: 46 Connected
edited October 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi
has anyone got their assessment report and added up the points in the boxes ? If so when you received your decision did it match up to what you thought you’d get ?

Comments

• Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    @poppy60 I can assure you if you feel you've got more than adequate points more than 12 on each section recommend by the report you've recieved, the DWP desicion maker will in 99.9% of the time goe with the assessment providers report.

Only in vary rare occasions the DWP go against them. I got 38 points spread between the two daily living and mobility on mine and all agreed by the DWP.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• poppy60
    Aw thank you . I only have 12 for mobility because she lied and said I can follow journeys which I can’t . I got 16 for care 
    edited October 2018
    Your welcome @poppy60 looks like you should be okay with that amount of points, I woulden't worry to much she bent the truth, I would be suprised if you don't get Enhanced on both. Please let us know how you got on when you get your decision from the DWP. Good luck.
    ⬇️
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

• poppy60
    Your welcome @poppy60 looks like you should be okay with that amount of points, I woulden't worry to much she bent the truth, I would be suprised if you don't get Enhanced on both. Please let us know how you got on when you get your decision from the DWP. Good luck.

• poppy60
    I have secondary progressive MS but the accessor said she recommended a review in 2 years . Do you think DWP will change that ?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

It's very rare they go against the report, even for the length of time given before a review, so i would be very surprised if the DM goes against the report for both of these.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
    poppy60 said:
    I have secondary progressive MS but the accessor said she recommended a review in 2 years . Do you think DWP will change that ?

Well @poppy60 as @poppy123456 has stated they do usually go with the recommenced review time, in your case 2 years which really is disgusting as they full well know you will only deteriorate.

If and I will say they will also go by the 2 years you've stated. When it comes to review I would imagine you will get pretty much the full 2 years as it's a short award.

My guessing if it's is 2 years you will need to refill a full PIP2 form in again around 14 weeks before the award ends if they do to decide the DWP to give you a longer award then it will be an AR1 form a year before.
    ⬇️

• poppy60
    I know what your saying but progressive MS is not going away ?
  • poppy60
    poppy60 said:

Well @poppy60 as @poppy123456 has stated they do usually go with the recommenced review time, in your case 2 years which really is disgusting as they full well know you will only deteriorate.

If and I will say they will also go by the 2 years you've stated. When it comes to review I would imagine you will get pretty much the full 2 years as it's a short award.

My guessing if it's is 2 years you will need to refill a full PIP2 form in again around 14 weeks before the award ends if they do to decide the DWP to give you a longer award then it will be an AR1 form a year before.

• poppy60
    The government is talking about light touch assessment every 10 years for people with progressive illness so I’ve read . Perhaps they think I will be cured in 2 years 
    @poppy60 I know that and you know that, and they certainly know that too..

im afraid you will have to wait and see were this goes, please let use know how it all goes. :)
    ⬇️

• poppy123456
    I agree but if you don't ask for an ongoing award the chances are you won't get it, at least this is what i've been told on here.

If the recommendation is review in 2 years then your award will be for 3 years with review in 2 years, which will mean more forms 1 year before the award is due to end (AR1 forms)

There's nothing more you can at this stage until a decision is made. Once it's made if the award is short you can challenge this decision but you'll need expert advice before doing this and no one can give you that here. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy60
  • poppy60
    @poppy123456
    thankyou will let you know . What did u get ?
    @poppy60 I've got progressive and many other issues and I got and I feel very lucky too. On-going No FTF, and No further reviews needed 

I can't advise what poppy123456 has said by asking for a higher award I have heard people mentioning it? Also 2 year awards can just be 2 years.

⬇️

• poppy123456
    I claim Standard daily living and Enhanced mobility. My daughter claims Enhanced for both. Her award is for 2 years with review in 1 year and she has a learning disability and Autism.... there must be a cure that's unknown to me for both of these LOL. I'll be asking for the ongoing award for her when it's her review time. Good luck with yours.
    Poppy and poppy good luck to you both. ❤️❤️

Poppy123456 good luck in asking for on-going that will be interesting...And Your right how ridiculous as we know there's no cure for autism or learning disabilities.☹️
    ⬇️

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    poppy60 said:
    The government is talking about light touch assessment every 10 years for people with progressive illness so I’ve read . Perhaps they think I will be cured in 2 years 
    Yes but isn't that only for those who receive the enhanced rates for mobility and care?

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2018
    I claim Standard daily living and Enhanced mobility. My daughter claims Enhanced for both. Her award is for 2 years with review in 1 year and she has a learning disability and Autism.... there must be a cure that's unknown to me for both of these LOL. I'll be asking for the ongoing award for her when it's her review time. Good luck with yours.
    I think we would all like to hear how you go on with that application.
    And let us know what evidence you have used to secure an ongoing award.

From memory the DWP are currently only giving 3 year awards for those who have terminal cancer.
  • poppy60
    @Yadnad
    im not entirely sure on this at the moment . 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.