Assessment report - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assessment report

2»

Comments

• Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    @Yadnad anyone with terminal cancers are all only ever going to recieve a 3 year award. Reasons I suspect why they only get 3 is the DWP expect them to be passed away by then... :'(

YAD ongoing awards is going to be for more progressive and severe life long conditions and or are on enhance both daily/mobility.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    @Yadnad anyone with terminal cancers are all only ever going to recieve a 3 year award. Reasons I suspect why they only get 3 is the DWP expect them to be passed away by then... :'(

Totally agree with you here. Sadly, terminal cancer is a lot different to someone who has ASD and a learning disability.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • niknoo
    niknoo Community member Posts: 46 Connected
    I’m the same boat, report has given me 42 points all together so blew it out of the water and looking at enhanced for both, but report states review in 18 months but when I add the points and take away the points based on my mental health issues it on takes away 2 for care and 8 for mobility- both leaving enough points to still get enhanced for both components, so I will be starting that when review comes as my physical conditions will only progress, there’s no cure or anything but pain management, so next time I will ask for ongoing on that basis. 
    But ... he did say review would only be needed to make sure things haven’t got worse. 
    I doubt my mental health will improve, it’s been 12yrs now so 18 months isn’t going to help and I try my hardest to engage with CBT etc but sometimes I find it too hard to speak about things, meet with people or I’m just too physically ill. It’s a no win situation! :( 
  • sarah50
    sarah50 Community member Posts: 119 Pioneering
    I read on another thread that if you ask DWP what evidence they used for the length of the award they may increase it because they don't usually use any. I think someone on here will know better than me but it might be worth asking that question.
    We well @poppy60 and @niknoo I see you are both suffering and it really does look like you should both be okay. But I'm sorry to say the only way for sure is now waiting for your decision notices and then you can take it from there. Wishing you both well.❤️

@poppy123456 it really is truly sad indeed I have a friend going through lung cancer stage 4 squamous cell and been told a max of 9 months live, and he doesent even want to claim PIP because he seen how I've suffered with it  I did tell him you should be straight forward as he can get a DS1500 form and it's passported but he said what's the point I'm going to die anyway.. very sad seeing him like this indeed.☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️
    ⬇️
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

• poppy60
    poppy60 Community member Posts: 46 Connected
    @niknoo
    dont know what you mean by taking points off your 42 points 
  • poppy123456
    @Government_needs_reform i'm sorry to hear about your friend! :(
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    sarah50 said:
    I read on another thread that if you ask DWP what evidence they used for the length of the award they may increase it because they don't usually use any. I think someone on here will know better than me but it might be worth asking that question.
    Hi @sarah50 I can't speak for others on here but on both my ESA and PIP they have used all my evidence fully justified it all and gave me the correct awards.

i have heard of similar where this maybe possible.
    ⬇️

@Government_needs_reform i'm sorry to hear about your friend! :(

Thank you @poppy123456 really apreciate that❤️ What's so sad he's worked hard like us, bought a house, saved money. For what to die before Xmas and he's only 58 and I've know him over 50 years, and I do and will have the memory's of some of the best times together.

I did say to him if I could take it from you I would Im no good for nothing now how wrong.
    ⬇️

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    @poppy123456 it really is truly sad indeed I have a friend going through lung cancer stage 4 squamous cell and been told a max of 9 months live, and he doesent even want to claim PIP because he seen how I've suffered with it  I did tell him you should be straight forward as he can get a DS1500 form and it's passported but he said what's the point I'm going to die anyway.. very sad seeing him like this indeed.☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️
    I can really associate with your friend's position on this.
    My mum was diagnosed with aggressive cancer of the breast. She had it removed + lymph nodes. She was OK for about 6 months but was then diagnosed with liver cancer and was given the same prognosis - 9 months to live.

Not having a lot of spare money and having to go to hospital three times a week, she used the bus (30min) and a walk (15min) to get there and back.

I pleaded with her to claim Attendance Allowance so that she could go by taxi. She refused to claim it for the very same reason you mentioned - what was the point she was going to die within months anyway and didn't want anybody coming to assess her finances and health

In fact she lasted only 5 months and I am sure that the public transport she had to use finished her off too early.

In fact she was one of those that would also have been entitled to Pension Credit as the Government continually admit is happening. She would not claim that either as she was too frightened of the means testing system.

I really feel for your friend in all of this 
  • poppy60
    @Yadnad
    i had the same with my friend she wouldn’t claim and has passed away now with cervical cancer. I myself had breast cancer 9 years ago then 6 years ago diagnosed with MS . Life is so unfair ?
  • sarah50
    sarah50 Community member Posts: 119 Pioneering
    @government_needs_reform hi my earlier comment just related to asking for the length of the award to be reconsidered not necessarily the amount of the award. As the poster was saying 2 years almost means going through the process every year, it would seem to make sense that they be given it for a longer term, they could of course ask for a reconsideration if there was a significant deteriation during the award period, after all with a progressive condition you are never going to be entitled to less than the original award and as the government keeps banging on about the cost of welfare unnecessary assessments cost money, not to mention the harm all the extra stress puts on claimants carers and families. Just a thought. X
  • poppy60
    @sarah50
    its crazy that she even suggests 2 year review it’s not like my progressive MS is going to improve x
    @sarah50 I was also meaning the award length, and just relooked at my post but I forgot to put this (length) in. O'silly me.

It's all these pills I'm on Sarah Sorry..?
    ⬇️

Thanks @yadnad and @poppy60 I'm also sorry to hear your losses too, it's surly sad time when we see you love ones and friends suffer. It's a very sad situation indeed. God bless em❤️❤️❤️❤️ 
    ⬇️

• poppy60
    What is a 3 tier award the person that said it has disappeared. He said to me it looks like I have a 3 tier award as got points and 2 year review. Am I being thick or something. Two many tablets ? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy60 said:
    What is a 3 tier award the person that said it has disappeared. He said to me it looks like I have a 3 tier award as got points and 2 year review. Am I being thick or something. Two many tablets ? 
    The person meant a 3 year award and not tier or Tear as they put it.
    @poppy60 just looked back through all the posts and No 3 tier award mentioned...?

Do what I do and put it down to the Pills...or a mad moment????????? Of forgetfulness.
    ⬇️

• poppy123456
    It was mentioned on another thread started by poppy60. Confusion often sets in when multiple threads are started. lol
  • poppy60

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.