If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

Help needed PIP

richard68richard68 Member Posts: 5 Listener
edited October 2018 in PIP, DLA and AA

I got 8 points for mobilty and 6 points for daily living so got i just got standard mobilty.  Although i need help to cook dress wash . I asked for a mandatory reconsideration but wad turned down .After that i had and esa assessment and was put into a support group.  I got 15 points for mobilty and in my medical report the assessor highlighted i needed help to cook dress wash shopping i dont drive now so need help to go anywherebecause i have complex cardiac issues and i am constantly out of breath doing anything. I have appealed and had a letter 5 weeks ago from tribunal to say all is proceeding . How long does it take to get the response pack from the DWP and any tips to help ? 


  • markyboymarkyboy Member Posts: 368 Pioneering
    Takes about 4 weeks for the DWP response then it's waiting for a hearing date which is around a year in some areas 
  • richard68richard68 Member Posts: 5 Listener
    Thanks for the reply .


     Does it make a difference being in a support group for esa (the ESA assesment said i was more need of help than PIP assessment) with a PIP appeal ?
  • markyboymarkyboy Member Posts: 368 Pioneering
    You can send evidence to the court anytime up to 14 days before your hearing date any evidence you think will help your case send to them and when you get the DWP evidence pack ring the court and they should be able to give you a timescale for a hearing
  • Peasmold_01Peasmold_01 Member Posts: 144 Pioneering
    The 'evidence pack' is referred to as a bundle in all letters from HMCTS. Any evidence you have now can be submitted now. If you gather further evidence, GP, Consultants notes or letters, submit them. Try and get your medical record for the last two years. Your GP cannot prevent you from having a copy. If you need a taxi to get to the Tribunal, contact HMCTS as soon as you have the date, and ask for either taxi fares, as you cannot use public transport. They will review your request, and if they agree, and you request it, they will pay you in advance. If you have a community law centre or University School of Law, contact them for advise. They will sometimes represent you at the Tribunal. Good Luck

    Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to!
Sign in or join us to comment.