Hi, my name is richard68! PIP help — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is richard68! PIP help

richard68
richard68 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited October 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I got 8 points for mobilty and 6 points for daily living so got i just got standard mobilty.  Although i need help to cook dress wash . I asked for a mandatory reconsideration but wad turned down .After that i had and esa assessment and was put into a support group.  I got 15 points for mobilty and in my medical report the assessor highlighted i needed help to cook dress wash shopping i dont drive now so need help to go anywherebecause i have complex cardiac issues and i am constantly out of breath doing anything. I have appealed and had a letter 5 weeks ago from tribunal to say all is proceeding . How long does it take to get the response pack from the DWP and any tips to help ? 
Thanks
Richard 

Comments

• AlexandriaUK
    AlexandriaUK Community member Posts: 40 Courageous
    Really sorry to hear of your problems but it can take up to a year yo get your tribunal, it's not a fast process by any means and you have to remember these are totally different benefits with completely different criteria
  • richard68
    Thanks AlexandriaUK . I understand the long wait i just wondered how long it takes to get the paperwork from DWP.
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    DWP are supposed to send tribunal the bundle within 28 days of receipt of your appeal application.
  • richard68
    Thanks MATILDA Thats what i thought but still waiting !
  • fluffy84
    fluffy84 Community member Posts: 18 Connected
    I'm not sure exactly on timings but all I can advise is that you keep persisting. 
    It took 10 months to get my sister-in-law from her assessment to her final tribunal case - where we won and she was awarded the higher level on both aspects. 
    The pack from the DWP was very helpful as it made it clear how flawed her assessment had been and where the DWP were getting it completely wrong. 
    Try and get as much evidence as you can to the tribunal before the day. Letters from medical professionals are very useful - but as are personal accounts from yourself or family or friends. The panel read the many many pages of evidence which we submitted and they were extremely kind and made their decision very quickly. 
    Wishing you the best of luck. 
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @richard68

Phone tribunal clerk and ask if they've received bundle yet.

Disability Rights site has a good guide to PIP appeals.  And they publish a Handbook that gives an account of tribunal hearings proceedings.  £16 or probably available in your local reference library.

Your disabilities have to fit relevant descriptors.

71% of appeals win.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.