Fibromyalgia pain - dont know what to do? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Fibromyalgia pain - dont know what to do?

mabel18
mabel18 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi I'm new to this but I am hoping I might get some help and support. I am really struggling with pain at the minute. My doctors don't seem interested. I have been to pain management and hat BOTOX in my shoulders and neck which didn't work so have now been referred to spinal doctors. My fibromyalgia has got really bad. It's getting me down and don't know what to do.

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @mabel18   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing . Sorry to hear you are in pain.  We have members of our community who have similar issues and can relate to your story.   Might be in touch.

Have a look at our information and advice on  Talk about Specific Conditions and also Dealing with Chronic Pain.

Hope that helps. Plenty of comments from members who can identify what you are going through.

We are a supportive community. Friendly, care and share.

Please ask if we can help and advise on anything. Some one will know.

Please take care

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • markyboy
    markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    That is the trouble with Fibro because the doctor cannot write a specific prescription for the pain you tend to be left to your own devices  
    With Fibro different medications and supplements work for some but not others 
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Im sorry to hear you are having such a tough time @mabel18

Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • mabel18
    mabel18 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    It's just so hard having pain from fibro and spine it really gets me down. And I know doctors are limited but they make me feel like I'm troubling them and just being over dramatic. Is there anything I can do myself that has helped anyone else?
  • Tra7cy
    Tra7cy Community member Posts: 33 Connected
    I'm convinced I have fibro! I have all arthritisis isthmic spondylislothesis and loads of everything else. If I have a good day I'll be cleaning, laundry, showering but then for the next 3 weeks I'm in bed sleeping. If feels like doctors think I'm a hypochondriac sometimes, big juggles to you all x
  • Tra7cy
    Tra7cy Community member Posts: 33 Connected
    Juggles! Ffs, Lmao! Meant huggles. I'm gonna be giggling all night now haha xx
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    I’m currently trying hemp oil capsules which seem to be helping on top of my meds which are Gabapentin. I use microwave neck warmer for my neck and shoulders and I have a body pillow which seem to help. It’s all trial and error. You are best to find out for yourself and if you want to try different meds research them then write it down and take it with you to the doctor so you don’t feel like a bother. It could be the doctor at fault if you feel that way but they are not mind readers lol. I have a friend using cbd vape which they say is good for chronic pain but you must get a reputable UK site.  Good luck

Brightness