PIP decision and unresolved complaint — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP decision and unresolved complaint

gitaparmar
gitaparmar Community member Posts: 24 Connected
edited October 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hi there i am completely new to this.  I am an appointee for my daughter she is 19 now.  she always had the DWP but was moved to PIP in 2015 and was awarded enhanced for care and standard for mobility.  Her pip review was sent to us in May '18 because they send it a year before the pip will end. my daughter had her f2f on 25th July '18 by capita. I went with her. the assessor was was completely unprofessional. MY daughter who has Autism and suffers from mental health was asked why she still hadn't killed herself till now.  I have put in a complaint about the assessor but have been told she no longer works for capita now.  have asked capita to relook at my complaint again. I asked for the copy of HCP report  which was all lies, Asked DWP about putting in a complaint about the report being false but was told by the advisor to wait until a decision was made incase the decision was in my  favour so i wouldn't need to put in a complaint.  my main reason for writing this we are still waiting for a pip decision it just seems to be taking a long time.   The HCP report went to the DWP on 07/08/18 I called them 4 weeks ago and was told it was with a DM but to this date still received no response.  should i call them up again or just wait until the dreaded letter comes.

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @gitaparmar

“Good Morning”

I’m very very sorry to hear about your current situation.

Belive me you aren’t the only one in this boat “Ship”

We can help you in a number of ways if that would help?????

I will forward your post onto our “Benefit Advisors” for there “Take”

@BenefitsTrainingCo

Can you please have a look at this post for me ????

Many thanks.
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @gitaparmar welcome to the community!

I am terribly sorry for how your daughter has been treated. I wish I knew how to advise however I'm sure members of the community will be in contact with you soon to offer support and advice.

If there is anything else that we can do for you and your daughter then please do not hesitate to let us know! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • markyboy
    markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    They must have a large back log as i have been waiting 16 weeks for a reply to a letter i sent them they keep saying it is being dealt with 
  • gitaparmar
    Thankyou everyone for responsding. Just seems like a very long waiting game. And am reluctant to call them again incase they say she's not awarded going by the hcp report and they disregard all other evidence I have sent
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Did you add the points that are recommended in the assessment report? They usually go with the report, it's rare to go against it but it can happen.

There's no timescales for decisions, it depend on backlog in your area. You can ring DWP as often as you want, it won't go against you.

Any complaints about the assessment report should be made to the health assessment providers. Details how to do this are on their website. Good luck and hope not too much longer to wait.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • gitaparmar
    Hi there is no points on my report that I have been sent. It is just their report with no numbers. Unless if I am looking in the wrong place
  • poppy123456
    Hi there is no points on my report that I have been sent. It is just their report with no numbers. Unless if I am looking in the wrong place
    You have to look for the boxes with either dots or ticks next to them, they don't add them up because they're recommendations only but they will be there in the report somewhere. You need to use the PIP descriptors to compare them and add them up. https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/Global/Migrated_Documents/adviceguide/pip-9-table-of-activities-descriptors-and-points.pdf

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • gitaparmar
    Also with regards the assessment report complaint I phoned capita they said they don't deal with those complaints and it is dwp. When I raised it with dwp they have advised me to wait until I get my decision. I don't if this is right but that is what they have told me
  • gitaparmar
    I have nothing like ticks or dots just comments
  • poppy123456
    The ticks or dots will be in that report somewhere. DWP won't be interested in any complaints about the report, it's capita you need to complain to.
  • poppy123456
    Most likely at the back of the report, it will say activity and descriptors at the top of the boxes. It will have the name of the descriptor followed by a,b,c etc and then a dot or tick. My report has dots.
  • gitaparmar
    Hi I have checked my report and she has given her all a's apart from one got a B which would mean she would only have 2 points. The report was all lies. She has autism and is not able to do a plan a journey. She can only do a familiar route and that would be once she has been showed so many times. Social situations totally throw her out. Reading previous discussions it seems that they should be awarded mobility for journeys am I right. Capita have said they don't deal with report complaints. I am completely at a lost.
  • poppy123456
    You can't do anything until a decision is made. Once you have the decision, if it's gone with the report and there's no award then i'd advise you to get help with the Mandatory Reconsideration request.
  • gitaparmar
    Yes I will just wait. I won't call them coz they are paying her at the moment. Then will deal with the letter when it comes and deal with the hcp report complaint then as well. Coz that's what dwp have advised. Thanks
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Par for the course from my personal experience.
    Three times I was awarded 0 points, twice the DWP decided to increase it to Enhanced Care & Mobility. 
  • gitaparmar
    Thanks for that. At least that gives me a bit of hope
  • poppy123456
    Yadnad said:
    Three times I was awarded 0 points, twice the DWP decided to increase it to Enhanced Care & Mobility. 
    Wasn't that at MR stage rather than going against the assessment report?
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2018
    Yadnad said:
    Yes I received the report with the decision letter and attacked it lie by lie pointing out that the evidence that was sent in with the forms completely contradicted everything that the assessor had written. One does wonder if anybody actually bothers to look at the further evidence sent in before making a decision.
    The third MR was refused because, according to the DWP after referring back to the assessing company, that the evidence they held (the same lot they accepted two years and four years previously) was now out of date and not within the two year window. All the evidence was dated 2011 and 2012. They even refused to accept a DWP doctor's report for an different benefit that I claim because it was dated 2011.

• PIPnewbie
    PIPnewbie Community member Posts: 298 Pioneering
    I’m sorry to hear about this.  It really does seem like you need to be on death’s door to be awarded anything decent.

My girlfriend’s assessor awarded her mostly A’s but enough B’s to get 8 points for daily living, but given how he lied in his informal observations report about how cheery, awake, etc. she seemed, I doubt the DWP will be willing to offer anything.

She got 4 points for moving around but 0 for planning a journey even though she state she cannot go on a journey alone because the worry of being incontinent and having no aid around her is overwhelming, and said she prefers not to take public transport when she stated she can’t and never has because she would have massive anxiety needing the toilet amongst strangers.

And to top it all off he recommended a 9 month award before review, for a disease she was born with and is at present incurable.

The award letter should be arriving tomorrow.
  • poppy123456
    Yadnad said:
    Yadnad said:
    Yes I received the report with the decision letter and attacked it lie by lie pointing out that the evidence that was sent in with the forms completely contradicted everything that the assessor had written. One does wonder if anybody actually bothers to look at the further evidence sent in before making a decision.
    The third MR was refused because, according to the DWP after referring back to the assessing company, that the evidence they held (the same lot they accepted two years and four years previously) was now out of date and not within the two year window. All the evidence was dated 2011 and 2012. They even refused to accept a DWP doctor's report for an different benefit that I claim because it was dated 2011.

That's totally different to Gitaparmar because they haven't received a decision yet.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.