Can anyone help — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can anyone help

mellouise80
mellouise80 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
hi I’m Mel , I suffer really badly with bipolar and have psychotic episodes and have been sectioned before . My new mental health nurse and support worker are useless and awful . I’ve told them  and I have a legal right under a section 117 to have a nurse . I’ve seen a psychiatrist once and also I’m supposed to have regular bloods weight blood pressure taken due to all the meds I’m on but nothing . I don’t wish to see them it’s a long story but so many failings by them and I don’t know where to turn , I’ve contacted mind and pals but no one seems to be listening . I feel totally let down . I’ve tried to take my life so many times in the past now I’m just left . 
Kind regards Mel 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @mellouise80 welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear this. Are they NHS nurses?

If you are having thoughts of self harm or suicide, it is important that you discuss them with someone who is qualified to help. Please call the Samaritans on 116 123 (free) or email them at jo@samaritans.org

If you feel that you may be an immediate danger to yourself, please call 999 or go to your local hospital right away.

Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • mellouise80
    Yes they are nhs nurses . From the psychosis team . Thank you for your message I have a crisis number but they can’t be bothered to listen because I’m on the crisis line . I don’t feel suicidal I’d get help it’s just I have no one to keep an eye on me when I have a legal duty of care in the community. So I’ve sent a complaint to PALS and also spoke to someone from mind thank you @Ami2301
  • Ami2301
    We are here for you  and to help you anyway we can! :)

Who referred you to have these nurses? It might be worth speaking to the person who referred you in the first place and explain your concerns. 
  • mellouise80
    A mental health hospital but then I moved away moved back and got a bunch of idiots seriously you might as well send me a brick layer out to speak to me probably be less patronising and have more care ! So I’ve raised concerns with a safe guarding teacher and spoke to PALS and mind . X
  • Ami2301
    Let us know how you get on and we will continue to help you anyway we can :)
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @mellouise80 Pleased to meet you. I thought if I could offer some words of support . What you are going through.

Sorry to hear your bad experience first. I know with my own mental health I had a NHs funded support worker not very good.

Also lack of patience, tolerance and add to that the time limited.

So concentrate my time getting better but have used other sources like charities is that worth a look.

All I know felt better with charities. Although did help me. Just a suggestion.

You have contacted MIND what have they offered you.

The only main issues with mental health every body needs to recognise that need for better support and more time.

Hope I have been some help and offer what support I can. Always here to listen anytime.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @mellouise80, and a warm welcome to the community!

I'm so sorry to hear about your experiences. It's good to hear that you've been proactive and contacted PALS- this sounds like a worthwhile thing to do and I hope things are resolved as soon as possible. In the meantime, do take note of the Samaritans as Ami mentioned above, and do let us know how you're doing. 

Brightness