Heating stops at 25. - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Heating stops at 25.

2»

Comments

• Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    I think my aunt wants the company to explain why she has a STOP on the heating of 25.
    She didnt have a stop before  To me it sounds a good idea as i said it stops the greedy from wasting energy. And she is of "the me" generation over 85. Dosnt like to be told not to waste. After all thats what her familys for,  paying the bills.........but i think the company should tell her why they put the stop on withou t asking her first 
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes, they should.  Did she instruct the company or did a landlord?
  • sarah50
    sarah50 Community member Posts: 119 Pioneering
    @misscleo how hot does she want her home to be? 25• is more than hot enough, if the problem is that it is not getting to that temperature then it may be faulty but could easily be that it is not set correctly. Was she given an instruction manual and can you check the settings for her? If it is just the case that your aunt is taking an attitude that she should be able to turn it up as high as she likes and nobody should tell her different then I'm afraid that's a conversation that the family will need to have with her as it's the same for everybody, modern thermostats only go to 25. Thank goodness she is not in my situation stuck with coal fires and dreading winter. As for the company that installed it I agree they should at least respond. Another poster has already posted a link on how to escalate complaints and it may be that after 4 months with no response it is the way to go. Good luck I hope you can get this resolved for your aunt.
  • littleruthie123
    littleruthie123 Community member Posts: 511 Pioneering
    What an awful company .just wanted too suggest a heated throw  my sin brought me one I love it helps with pain too .and gets lively and warm and low cost too run .has she got insulation?.etc I'm sure there's a warm home scheme available. Good luck x
  • Misscleo
    My aunt instructed  the compauy herdelf.
    The throw sounds a good idea where did your son get it. Do gou think wed get one off amazon?
    As i keep saying i think 25 is high enough shes been spoit. 
    I put mjne on 25 when i got home.to see how long i could put up it. It was unpleasant and i need heat for the arthritis but 20 was fine.
    However if we were in jan or feb and there wss snow i may see a need for 24. 

I noticed some say theirs was stuck on 30 so someine must have thought that was too high.

Iv asked her daughter to contact the ombudsman about the company not aswering calls or emails. I think the company should have saud if they were settung all new boilers at 25.
    She thinks shes the omly 1. Which is why i put her message on.here. now we know some are stuck at 30 and some at 25..

Many thanks everyone
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    You can buy throws (thick blankets) in a lot of shops. B and M, tesco, asda, lots of places sell them.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Misscleo said:
    My aunt instructed  the compauy herdelf.
    The throw sounds a good idea where did your son get it. Do gou think wed get one off amazon?
    As i keep saying i think 25 is high enough shes been spoit. 
    I put mjne on 25 when i got home.to see how long i could put up it. It was unpleasant and i need heat for the arthritis but 20 was fine.
    However if we were in jan or feb and there wss snow i may see a need for 24. 

I noticed some say theirs was stuck on 30 so someine must have thought that was too high.

Iv asked her daughter to contact the ombudsman about the company not aswering calls or emails. I think the company should have saud if they were settung all new boilers at 25.
    She thinks shes the omly 1. Which is why i put her message on.here. now we know some are stuck at 30 and some at 25..

Many thanks everyone
    Would you be prepared to let us know the name of this company? By PM if you want to. 
  • Misscleo
    I will ask her daughter for the name of cpmpany. 
    It msy take  a week or so 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.