Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

UC Full area contribution based ESA

bluey0121bluey0121 Member Posts: 5 Listener
Hello all I am in a right mess atm with these benifits and wonder if somebody could help explain to me.

I am currenlty claiming contribution based ESA and PIP my partner gets carers allowance and income support to top it up to what the law says we need to live on.

We have just been awarded a special guardianship order of my partners grandchildren as they were taken into care so the local authority put us forward and the judge agreed.

We was told we could claim child tax credits but now we are being told we are in a full service area and need to claim UC so was wondering if its worth the hassle I'm not worried I wont get the new style ESA as my medical record says it all and I was awared incapacity benifit and contribution based ESA the one wheee you are to ill to go the job centre for life. But the mental pressure and strain these assesments put of me make my life a misary and having just taken on 2 children I really dont think I can cope.

Any advice is welcome 



Sign in or join us to comment.