UC Full area contribution based ESA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

UC Full area contribution based ESA

bluey0121 Member Posts: 5 Listener
Hello all I am in a right mess atm with these benifits and wonder if somebody could help explain to me.

I am currenlty claiming contribution based ESA and PIP my partner gets carers allowance and income support to top it up to what the law says we need to live on.

We have just been awarded a special guardianship order of my partners grandchildren as they were taken into care so the local authority put us forward and the judge agreed.

We was told we could claim child tax credits but now we are being told we are in a full service area and need to claim UC so was wondering if its worth the hassle I'm not worried I wont get the new style ESA as my medical record says it all and I was awared incapacity benifit and contribution based ESA the one wheee you are to ill to go the job centre for life. But the mental pressure and strain these assesments put of me make my life a misary and having just taken on 2 children I really dont think I can cope.

Any advice is welcome 




Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.