What is Universal Credit — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What is Universal Credit

robinhood8
robinhood8 Community member Posts: 128 Pioneering
Hi everybody I hope you all are well and looking after yourself yesterday I tried to find out about ESA you took one hour and a half for someone answer my call after all that waiting they saidi can claim universal credit go online and fill in the form bloody hell I knew what you were difficult and then I got a long way to go but it's going to be hard that will get there is there any advice anyone can convene me I'll be much appreciated thank you Jacqueline

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,941 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Universal Credit is a means tested benefit and claiming this will depend on household income and savings/capital. It's replaced 6 legacy benefits. It's paid as one monthly payment and there's at least a 5 week wait for your first payment. Any housing benefit you claim will be transferred over to UC. Please see the link that explains it in more detail. https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/universal-credit/before-you-apply/what-universal-credit-is/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • robinhood8
    robinhood8 Community member Posts: 128 Pioneering
    Thank you poppy ?
  • Peasmold_01
    Peasmold_01 Community member Posts: 144 Pioneering
    Universal Credit is dogs breakfast of an idea by Ian Duncan Smith, a politician who does not live in the real world, and believes that most claimants are scroungers who have no sense of worth and believe the 'working class' whoever they may be, are only here to support his overpaid, way of life.  Once the leader of the Conservatives, he said never underestimate the quiet man. We did  and the quiet man has created food banks, homelessness, poverty for countless families, yet still advocates a policy of social deprevation, whilst drawing a salary as an MP, paid by the 'working class' and various directorships that effectively make him a millionaire. Need I say more? 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.