ESA and part time — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA and part time

Options
matthew98
matthew98 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi
I have SPD, hip dysplasia and other things wrong and in constant pain which to the most point is handled well.  I have started working bank part time hours as I'm going stir crazy.  I was advised as it was term time and bank hours the pay would he averaged out over the year......I worked out I've been earning just about what I'mowed. However they are now trying to say I owe them 500.....what's the legal limit etc

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,019 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

If you're claiming ESA then permitted work must be less than 16 hours per week and earning no more than £125.50 per week. See link for full details.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.