Sick and tired of constantly feeling shattered and being in chronic pain — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Sick and tired of constantly feeling shattered and being in chronic pain

nailsbyjulie
nailsbyjulie Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hiya! I was diagnosed with uctd a year ago and more recently fibro too  I'm really struggling at the moment. I  came across scope just by clicking on link after link whilst researching my conditions! Read a few threads and have just ordered the cbd vape kit to try, I am sick and tired of constantly feeling shattered and being in chronic pain in spite of taking **** loads of medication. I'm having a battle with dwp too which in itself is draining and I'm ashamed to say that I'm stuck in the "why me" mind set at the moment when I know there are people out there with far worse diagnoses than mine. My life has changed so much this past year, I just want the old me back.. anyhow... that's me for now. .

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @nailsbyjulie, and a warm welcome to the community! It's great to have you here.

Thank you for sharing this with us, and I'm so sorry to hear that things have been tough. I hope you find comfort in being among others who understand. You may be interested in our dealing with chronic pain discussions, and if you have questions about benefits, you can ask them in our PIP/DLA discussions. 

Do get involved, and I hope today is as kind as possible to you!
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @nailsbyjulie
    So many of us understand the difficulties both physical and mental around having a chronic illness. As @Pippa_Scope says, I hope you find comfort in being around people who get it.

We are a friendly community, so jump in and get involved and if you have any questions, just let us know :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @nailsbyjulie welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you are going through this :(
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • madmel74
    madmel74 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Hello @nailsbyjulie i am new here too.  Your post basically reflects my feelings too. I've felt like this for years and tried many different treatments for my numerous conditions, the most recent diagnosis was fybro, when I was trying to get an answer to the severe pain in my lower back.  My GP thought it was Ankylosing Spondylitis and i totally agreed with her, but the rheumatologist said fybro. I wasn't pleased with this diagnosis as a lot of people don't even believe that its a real condition, and can treat you as a hypochondriac.  I don't know if you have experienced that too, but it can leave you feeling like you putting it on or exaggerating.  I'd like to say to those people, 'spend a day in my shoes and then tell me I'm making it up'.  I think the condition needs more research and more publicity to let those of us who suffer with it, know that we do matter and we are believed.  It may be the very nature of fybro itself that lets us down, because how can you fight for something when you find it hard to just get up in the morning.  
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    How much Epsom salts do you use please?
  • madmel74
    madmel74 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    I use Himalayan Salts in the bath, loads of it though. It helps with the body aches and chills when I've overdone it. I get better sleep after it too.
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger

Brightness