I need some advice about returning to work — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I need some advice about returning to work

Tracyannmay
Tracyannmay Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited October 2018 in Work and employment
I need some advice about returning to work , I have been off a number of weeks. I did return and I was expecting a back to work meeting and a refferal to Ovcupationsl health the day I returned however this did not happen even though it’s in the policy . I am a social worker and I work for the local authority . I have two degenerative disc . I am unable to carry equipment , which we have to do as I am classesed as remote worker. I was seen by axcess to work and was given a chair which is based in another location from the patch I work in. I have been Seen  by axcess to work more recently and I was told that I need a fixed desk and one that will be able to adjust the height on it so I can stand if needed. I was told by the manager that this will not be implemented, I was also told by axcess to work that I need a back support cushion to take on visits, this was not implemented. Any way due to issues at work when I returned , I was off again probably having to carry a lap top around from sites. Please can I have advice on moving forward . 

Kind regards
Tracy 
[phone removed]

Comments

• topshoes
    topshoes Community member Posts: 442 Pioneering
    Hi Tracyannmay and welcome , someone who know about this will come and help you soon , may I point out I would not put your phone no on here for everyone to see xxxx
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Tracyannmay welcome to the community!

I am sorry you in a difficult situation, have you checked out the information in our reasonable adjustments in the workplace? If you need any further help then please do let us know! :)

Also, for your own privacy and security please do not share your personal details such as contact number, thank you :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Tracyannmay    Pleased to meet you Thank you for your post.  I had to flag your post up to the moderators because under the SCOPE rules no mobile numbers are allowed.

Sorry about this.

I am one of the team of community champions here to offer guidance and advice if I can.

We have a lot of information about reasonable adjustments in the work place.  Hope that is useful.

I advise also probably need to speak some one in our team about this.

You can ring 0808 800 3333.  Calls are free.

You have contacted Access to work. I do know they has be some legalities here of employment law.

Have you spoken to CAB about your situation or Access to work.

Reason why I would suggest contact our team.

Hope that helps. 

Pleasure to have met you.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness