PIP back- dated payments?
LA 2PIUOP conversion I just just had success scoring 21 points on mobility & 19 on daily living so thankfiully I get enhanced in both categories.[ such as relief1] . I applied back in April 2018 but owing to Capita disregarding my stated need for home visit for Face2Face and in one instance CAPITA summoned me to a Face2Face with the summons letter arriving 3 weeks after scheduled interview date. so even though I applied in April my assessment was only in October. My question is: now, finally I have successfully been awarded PIP do I have any grounds for claiming back-dated payments for April - to October [ my assessor's report stated that my condition was unlikely to change and would not require reassessment. therefore it seams likely that had I been assessed in a timely fashion I would have been awarded enhanced mobility in early 2018. thanks for any thoughts :-)
- 54.1K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5.1K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 156 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 797 Work and employment
- 589 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 292 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 266 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.7K Talk about money
- 2.2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.6K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 688 Chronic pain and pain management
- 707 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 938 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.