Hi, my name is rpb! Esa pay back — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is rpb! Esa pay back

Options
rpb
rpb Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi, I’m 62 I’m now on full pip care/mobility, transferred from dvla....I’m on esa (not income based) I was  transferred to esa years ago, how will I know if I’m entitled? Many thanks

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @rpb welcome to the community!

Could you explain a bit more about what advice you need?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • rpb
    Options
    Hi,yes the back pay everyone is on about,after being transferred toe esa
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Hi @rpb,

Welcome to Scope's online community! :)

The Government has published a document on the ESA underpayments which might be of interest to you. They say:
    "Largely between January 2011 and October 2014 some people receiving Incapacity Benefit and Severe Disablement Allowance had their claims converted to contributory ESA. However, the possibility of whether they may also have been entitled to income-related ESA was not considered for all cases. This means they may have missed out on the payment of premiums, such as the Enhanced Disability Premium.

"The Department is in the process of reviewing around 570,000 ESA cases that could be affected. It expects to complete the checking of 320,000 cases during 2018/19. The additional 250,000 cases, brought into scope by the Secretary ofState’s announcement in July 2018 to pay all cases back to the point of conversion, are planned to be completed by the end of 2019."

I hope this helps. Do let us know if you have any other questions!

Liam
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,041 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Transferring from DLA isn't the reasons people have been under paid. It was those that transferred from Incapacity benefit. If you were claiming this before you claimed ESA then DWP will contact you sometime in the future.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • rpb
    Options
    Thank you Liam and poppy for your advice and answers  to my question. They were greatly appreciated.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.