ESA error: How do you know if you're entitled? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA error: How do you know if you're entitled?

Options
melbell53
melbell53 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi all on this  esa  error  that’s come out ‘ how do you know if you are one  that’s  entitled  To backdate I have been on esa since 4/5years from having fibromyalgia /  depression . 

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @melbell53

Good Evening & Welcome to our Community.

Here’s some info for you below on the “esa error”

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/dwp-you-owed-up-20000-15294015.amp

Please please let me know if I can help you further???

• Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @melbell53,

Welcome to Scope's online community! It's great to have you on board.

The Government has published a document on the ESA underpayments which might be of interest to you. They say that they are "now paying arrears to those affected back to their date of conversion to ESA".
    "The Department is in the process of reviewing around 570,000 ESA cases that could be affected. It expects to complete the checking of 320,000 cases during 2018/19. The additional 250,000 cases, brought into scope by the Secretary ofState’s announcement in July 2018 to pay all cases back to the point of conversion, are planned to be completed by the end of 2019."

I hope this helps. Do let us know if you have any other questions!

Liam
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,257 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you transferred from Incapacity benefit to ESA then DWP will contact you sometime in the future, if you're not then you won't be one of those whose owed money.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.