HAS ANY BODY ELSE HAD THIS? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

HAS ANY BODY ELSE HAD THIS?

Options
thespiceman
thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
Hello had a interesting phone call from the former training company. I had apparently been in a contract with.  Told me contract still with them for next year. January.  My mind thinking is that when in the DWP option will do a review again.

Thought as I had been in the ESA support group.  No one had and will contact me. Regarding my employment status.  In this group.

Felt very uncomfortable answering his questions.

All the time stressing why and how am I not working.   What are the reasons.

Explained my situation and was I thought very much sincere and arguing my case and my circumstances.

Yet thinking his questioning was making me get the guilts and the responses felt was being the emphasised on looking for work.

Should I feel guilty but is this not any of my fault. Even asked why have you not gone to the Jobcentre.  I am amazed has the capacity to ask about my disability and health plus other questions.

Felt deep probing just thought has any body else has this.

I know have tried have a two page CV no one wants to know.  Long literary of employment vacancies and opportunities missed by those who should have known better.

Did say a lot.  I am always mystified why ring up. Is this on the orders of the DWP.?

Must admit my anxiety now  concerned if this is happening to others.

Love to hear others like this.

Had the utmost pressure of PIP and the loss of the car.  Now ESA..

Can DWP force needless say terminate my ESA and ask me to look through employment again.

Asking this training company to make initial enquiries.

@thespiceman
Community Champion
SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
Recipes

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,022 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

As you're in the Support Group then this person should not have rang you. I'm guessing they weren't from the DWP? Did you ask why they were ringing? Did you tell this person you're in the support group? If not then you should have.

When you're in the Support Group, you're excused from all appointments and do not have to prepare to look for work either.

You can't be forced to look for work of any kind while you're in the Support Group. Your money will continue and you can't be found fit for work without a face to face assessment, unless you fail to attend the assessment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    What worries me is where have or did they get your contact details from? It’s like these cold callers telling me I have had an accident, when did it happen how am I coping ect,I mostly if I have time string them along with, doing great spent 3 months in hospital 6 week in ICU and now beginning to get my life back together and court case for damages of 1.5 million no deductions for costs like you would charge 20% or 30%. Then hang up.
  • thespiceman
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Hello @poppy123456 Thanks for reply. How are you ? Thank you for the reassurance as always.

Need to know this.  The information you have provided.

The training company was when I had signed on. About two years ago. I think it was.  Told me contract with them was till January.

To be honest thought it was the car company ringing up about the hand back. As I do have a shield on my phone.  To scrutinise calls.

My opinion was he was searching for something to get me thinking about work.  Even mentioned job centre have you been recently. Which I replied no but how am I going to get there.

Mentioned loss of car plus illness plus disability plus in the support group straight away twice.

Asked about Doctors and I told him the truth add to that also what am I doing now.

Obviously tried to reason but he did add I forgot about that in the support group..  Several times. Why and who employs these people.

My views and opinions have been know my life story regarding employment. As I have stated in the post I have written.  Also else where on the forum. Never ending saga .

My argument is his attitude and demeanour I will admit very much probing.

I will say am one for diplomacy and tact also being polite.

Have to also say did tell him the honest truth and did tell him the company he represents have failed me.

Deadly silence on that one.

Looking back this lunchtime . Could not wait to get off the phone.  This guy.  Whatever he was doing makes you think does it not.

Thanks once again. Much appreciative your time to reply.

Glad your here.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,022 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Not a problem at all sir, always happy to help! I'm not too bad, thank you for asking. :)

I'm sorry you've been put through all this trouble today. It really was wrong of this person to ring you like this but please be re-assured that they can't make you look for work or prepare for work because you're in the support group.

If you get another phone call from this person, tell them you're in the support group and are not looking for work at this moment in time thank you and goodbye. Put the phone down.... this is exactly what i'd do!

Hope you don't lose sleep over this! Take care now! :)
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • thespiceman
    Options
    Hello @wilko Thanks for reply and answering. I apologise if you misunderstood what I had said.

They had already my details.  I can word it better what happens when you make a claim on ESA, you have to sign in the jobcentre.

Was in the WRAG group of claimants at the time.

So far down the line signing on. Doing job searches they pass you on. The Jobcentre Plus to a training company. That is how he knew me.

This training company has sole responsibility to find you work. Ask any questions around work.  Have to speak to training company.  Not Jobcentre Plus.

On a contract with them till next January he told me.

Had a new claim through support workers intervention and new assessment. Got in the support group last year or more. 

Sometimes my anxiety gets my head muddled up.

What happens when these people ring up. Train of thought.

I understand your situation as well.

Hope your doing OK

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @thespiceman

Hope you are well and in good spirits.

They probably have to contact you, as part of their contract with DWP.

Nothing more and nothing less.

I would have kept them on the phone for the rest of the day.

Explaining my ambitions to return to work with NASA, as an Astronaut!

Take care.

atlas46

ps

Still no got my Brian Blessed badge!

• thespiceman
    Options
    Hello  @atlas46 great to hear from you.  Hope your OK and feeling fine.

Been a draining day.  Doing OK just thought of the old joke .

Asking about employment.  This agency. Should have said Where is Jeopardy.?  It is in the paper .

100 jobs in Jeopardy. lol.

I at a thought wonder why and how these people ever get employed. Never walked mile in my shoes.

My thoughts were that but been reassured it is not.

Brian Blessed you get there.   I know you will my friend.

Speak soon I hope.  You can or I can PM later if you wish to.

If you want to catch up.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    Recipes

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.