Pip success - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip success

Options
2»

Comments

• Karen_m
    Karen_m Community member Posts: 9 Connected
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Well, I had my assessment yesterday and you were right, 1 person asking lots of questions and it wasn't that bad really.    Had a couple of movements she wanted to see, but that was ok.
    Thank you all for your words of wisdom and encouragement. 
    Have to wait 4-6 weeks now for the decision. 
    Thank you
    ?

• atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi

Thanks for letting us know, how it went.

Give it a week or so, then request a copy of the assessment report.

You will then be able to see what points you have been awarded.
  • Karen_m
    Karen_m Community member Posts: 9 Connected
    Options
    Hi atlas46,
    I didn't know I could do that. 
    I will.
    Thanks
  • chiz
    chiz Community member Posts: 59 Courageous
    Options
    Hi @Karen_m
    Thankyou for updating us, 
    Please keep us  updated x
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    chiz said:
    @Yadnad oh im so sorry ..
    It sounds like youve had an awful experience xx
    It was, it was the worst 5 years of my life in asking the DWP for help.
    The system made me ill and more depressed. 
    They were only interested in how I had become in trying to get on with my life the best way that I could. Basically I kept on shooting myself in the foot because I have a can do attitude and will always try to find ways to overcome my issues.
    Although I am well over £200 a week down on money, I now have freedom to live without the constant worry of the next re-assessment.
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    In some ways you are lucky you can do that @Yadnad but I know I can't afford to survive and keep my home on my income without pip and sdp. Even though I got a short award I intend to keep on trying for it. I'm just coming up for fifty and I cannot get a full time job due to my issues and I don't have any other adults at home to help with the living costs. I have a disability and I should be getting pip because I meet the criteria. It's the service that's flawed not the service user. I only went for pip because I was advised to and got support to do it. I doubt I would have tried on my own. The way the government is rolling out these new benefits is so stressful for the most vulnerable and it really sucks. 
  • Yadnad
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Maybe yes I am lucky that I no longer have to put up with these assessments and ridiculous award lengths.
    But you must understand that the decision to quit was not taken lightly. It was either my health or the DWP - my health came first.
    As for finances we are both well over 65 - my wife 75 and myself 70 so work is out of the question. We survive on just over £300 a week between us. Have to pay full Council Tax since losing our Pension Credit and get no help financially from the government save my wife's Attendance Allowance which will no doubt be the next thing that they will want to attack even though she gets it for an indefinite time. If they start that caper then that will go by the wayside!

However I do consider us as being well off when I look back at how my grandparents had to cope with living.
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Yadnad it's a disgraceful way to treat people.
  • Yadnad
    Options
    @Yadnad it's a disgraceful way to treat people.
    Maybe but it is the norm I'm afraid.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.