posts deleted by Higgins — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

posts deleted by Higgins

i am not happy that the information posted by Higgins ( which i believe is extreemly helpful to empower people struggling with the unfair PIP assesments) have all been totally deleted. i get the point that scope donot accept that a personal arguement ensued in these post is not accepted however i feel that you have thrown the baby out with the bathwater!!! lots of information of use in that thread on how to tackle the DWP which i wanted to keep. i actually bookmarked the page and forwarded the thread o to my email address as a memory aid! shockingly to me this has also been deleted from my email and bookmark . how is this possible once it has been sent to my email????? is this group to help the disabled or the government? seriously .....can you explain hoe the email to myself has been deleted? can you send my a copy of the thread to my email to help me 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,941 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

The reason it will have been deleted from your email is because the thread no longer exists because it's been deleted.

There's lots of knowledgeable people on the forum that will gladly answer any questions you have. I will advise though that the best support you can have through out a Tribunal will be face to face advice from either welfare rights or any other disability advice centre near you. IT always extremely difficult to advise correctly on an internet forum when no one knows exaxtly how a persons conditions affect them.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 118 Listener
    I was more wanting the information of the human rights that the DWP are breaching when they treat us in such a dreadful way...also how can they get away with bending the truth and ignoring what we say like we are liars. if they think we are unreliable in stating our difficulties why do face to face assessments to just contradict us etc. why is nobody challenging them on the fact that 70%of claimants get an award at tribuneral. why are they not been hauled over the coals for wasting tax payers money by dragging out assesments and leaving the disabled without the support they are intitled to
  • Cazann
    Cazann Community member Posts: 83 Pioneering
    HI,

The reason it will have been deleted from your email is because the thread no longer exists because it's been deleted.

There's lots of knowledgeable people on the forum that will gladly answer any questions you have. I will advise though that the best support you can have through out a Tribunal will be face to face advice from either welfare rights or any other disability advice centre near you. IT always extremely difficult to advise correctly on an internet forum when no one knows exaxtly how a persons conditions affect them.
    Hi @poppy123456. Is there a reason why Higgins posts have been deleted? @vickyanne is right to point out that the DWP is possibly in breach of the Human Rights act. The DWP need to be made accountable for the terrible treatment of disabled people. They are using unqualified people to make decisions, many of them by lying.to stop the disabled from getting what they deserve. I'm sure that it would take one test case to change this terrible farce and bring about a fairer system.
  • poppy123456
    I have absolutely no idea. The reason i replied to the question to start with was only i knew the answer to the question that was asked " why was the email i received deleted" simply because the post it concerned no longer existed.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • [Deleted User]
    so what about the person who saw fit to delete the thread having the curtusy to reinstate it????? so then the helpful information can be copied by me and others who want to use it positively to fight the government can use it ? i too believe strongly that It would only take one person to take one test case and make the government acountable . Higgins had the know how the fight and the voice (yes a voice that takes no prisioners) but i did not find his thread abusive in anyway . He was a intelligent well informed individual His banter was acceptable ..deleting a very pro active thread with information that could potentially help everyone on this site i find suspect and i. question what this forum is for when posts as informative of our rights as that are deleted. Reinstate it !
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi everyone, we removed this discussion at the request of users involved. A second discussion thread on the same topic has now been posted.
    Liam
  • poppy123456
    I was another person that reported that thread too because i also didn't like what i read and seen. Being abusive to other members is not accepted anywhere on the scope forums. We encourage helpful and friendly posts and nothing more.
     I thought the comments made were very abusive towards @Username_removed with the use of capital letters excessively, which means shouting through text type. That sort of text is not nice to read and i personally find it very difficult.

I'm sure if you have any questions of your own regarding a benefits claim then someone will help you. I personally find mikes advice one of the best i've seen, for a very long time.
  • [Deleted User]
    poppy123456
    @Username_removed was one of the ones saying he too felt the thread shouldnt have been deleted as i had a point lol
  • atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Hi @mikehughes

Would be interested to see some citations or links, where you have taken claims to either UT or Judicial Review, say in last 5 years. Or any specific "test cases".

• atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Hi @mikehughescq

This is the mikehughes I asked questions, in the above post. Please accept my unreserved apology for this typo.
  • poppy123456
    vickyanne said:
    poppy123456
    @Username_removed was one of the ones saying he too felt the thread shouldnt have been deleted as i had a point lol
    Strange that because i just read that mike did ask for the thread to be removed.
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    edited October 2018
    The latest posts have been removed, and thread closed.

We don't want to close and delete posts but we're obliged to do so when people break the rules. Our house rules are quite simple and boil down to:
    • Keep it safe
    • Keep it friendly
    We do our best to apply the rules objectively. If you'd like to discuss this further, please get in touch with us community@scope.org.uk
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness