Who is due a backdated payment? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Who is due a backdated payment?

Options
NY19
NY19 Community member Posts: 14 Connected
Is there any way to know (e.g. by the rate received when you were switched from IB to ESA) whether you're one of the people due a backdated payment of ESA? It's all over the news but nobody seems to have a clear answer on exactly who is affected.

I was on contribution-based ESA only, for the first year after being moved from IB in 2012, while my partner was still on IB. The letter did mention income-related but I didn't apply for it - the calculation they sent seemed to suggest I was better off on contribution-based ESA. My payments were £110.85 (with £28.15 WRAG addition and the £11.70 IB-ESA migration top-up payment included). No free prescriptions etc during that year. After 12 months I was moved to income-related, and had to combine my partner's claim with mine.

Is there any way to tell if I was underpaid, or do I just have to wait and see if I get a letter from the DWP? They're now saying they won't be able to write to some people until 2020!!

Comments

• Antoinette88
    Antoinette88 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    I am interested in hearing more about this too x
  • grannydeb
    grannydeb Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    I was on Contribution based ESA from 2011 to 2014 but in 2015 I realised something wasn't right. I went to a tribunal and was awarded back dated payments for a year, only back dated from 2014. They then put me on Income based ESA. So now they are going back to 2011... I should get back payments from 2011 to 2014 ! The awful thing is.... none of us can be sure if and when we will get this money... could do with a holiday ! Xx good luck to us all x
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,266 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    DWP will eventually contact anyone the maybe affected by this, other than that without going through all of your circumstances, savings/capital household income it's impossible to advise something as complex as this on an internet forum.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.