Bad PIP assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Bad PIP assessment

ANGUZ
ANGUZ Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi, I had me Pip assessment 3 weeks ago, It was a horrible experience.
I rang the DWP and requested a copy of the report, so i can see what this person had written about me before, the dwp decision maker had decided, and omg, I was shocked and sickened,
Other than the things that couldn`t be denied such as my conditions, the rest of it was a pack of lies.
It was stated that I had a full medical, laid on the couch raised my legs and she listed over 2 pages, of all the angles I can move my limbs, I had no difficulty no pain, this was a complete lie.
I sat in the chair for the whole assessment, cradling my left arm, (which i wear a full lower arm splint), with my right hand that only has 2 fingers, she took my pulse asked me to squeeze her fingers, and lift each foot a few inches off the floor, that was it.
Ive had serious asthma for over 20 years, not according to her, It was diagnosed a year ago !!!
She took no notice of any evidence, rolled her eyes every time my G.P.. was mentioned, kept quoting my application form, which she cant have read, as she got countless things wrong, or made them up
If I lie on any form or give false Information I can be prosecuted.
I contacted Atos and they have sent me out the complaints form, and i will be taking It as far as i can, I also phoned my M.P. who has asked to be kept informed.

Comments

• Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    Tottaly agree with we would get taken to court for lies and so should these awful.people.
    Clearly she and others have been there too loo and need a change of job ......let have them down the job centre 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @ANGUZ, go man  go, give it to them the more people who take these accessors to tack or even to court if there is evidence to proof liable reporting when documented evidence to support your claim is presented at your acessment then  they should be taken to tack, sacked lose their registration of their professional organisation.
  • ANGUZ
    edited October 2018
    The most disturbing part was the fake medical part, I nearly fell off the chair when i read that, the points shes recommended suprise suprise i would drop down from high rate care and mobility, to standard for both, i know its the DWP who make the final choice, but anyone reading that report would think Im fit as a fiddle.
    This has broke me, It makes you feel worthless, ashamed and you are treated with contempt, other than my g.p I don`t have and medical help i don`t have any reports to put in to back me up, I`m all alone.
    I recently contacted Social Services and asked for some help and broke down on the phone, I will however fight to the bitter end to get what I`m entitled too.
  • fab66
    fab66 Community member Posts: 13 Courageous
    I must have been lucky. I went from DLA to PIP with worries we all feel. I completed the form (which always makes me down) as honest as I could. I enclosed the medical evidence. Put my feeling of dispair in the extra details. Ie if I receive a lower reward it will housebound me then my life would be not worth living. So you may as well send me a cyanide pill with a negative result notification.... think it may have aided my assessment. I had no face to face. Got higher care award and high mobility needless to say if I’d had the report you did I would have been in despair. Do these morons know where they push us to mentally.
    i wish you good luck in your complaint, even if it takes them ages to deal with it. Use all the appeal systems and don’t give in.
  • ANGUZ
    edited October 2018
    Thanks of all the replies and Information, I know i am one of many 1,000`s of people that are being treated this way, no wonder they make it so hard for people to tape their assessments, cause they know all these lies would be able to be proved, Im going to start and sort the complain to Atos out tomorrow.
    Obviously I`m not looking forward to dwp`s decision letter, I`ll be amazed It they have picked up on here errors,
    So if I have my reward reduced at what stage do they start taking the money off you ?, as soon as your sent the decision letter, after the MR, or after the tribunal appeal ?.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,365 Disability Gamechanger
    If it's a PIP review it's from the date of the decision. If it's a DLA to PIP transfer then your DLA will continue for 4 weeks after the decision is made. Then the PIP starts 4 weeks after that.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ANGUZ
    If it's a PIP review it's from the date of the decision. If it's a DLA to PIP transfer then your DLA will continue for 4 weeks after the decision is made. Then the PIP starts 4 weeks after that.

Thank you poppy It is a DLA to PIP transfer,
  • fab66
    fab66 Community member Posts: 13 Courageous
    Decision letter gives you date it starts and DLA end with that payment date prior to pip start date +/- any overlapping weeks. Don’t know what happens at Appeal believe if you get it in before start date they continue with old benefit but bearing in mind this could put you in debt if the appeal is lost.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,365 Disability Gamechanger
    fab66 said:
     Don’t know what happens at Appeal believe if you get it in before start date they continue with old benefit but bearing in mind this could put you in debt if the appeal is lost.
    When transferring from DLA to PIP if the PIP is refused then the DLA stops 4 weeks after the decision on the PIP is made. Payments of DLA do not continue. If the claimant is successful at either MR or Tribunal stage then PIP is backdated to the dated the DLA stopped.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • mk2000
    mk2000 Community member Posts: 57 Connected
    hi what happend when you sent complaint to atos same thing happened to me lies on the form by a man very rude and i was so shocked
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm sorry to hear that you had a negative experience @mk2000 :( This thread is a couple of years old, but I'm sure you're not the only one in this situation.

Have you challenged your decision, if you're unhappy with your award?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.