Dwp overlooked medical evidence- why ? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Dwp overlooked medical evidence- why ?

2»

Comments

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    I beg to differ just only using the Claim form and it varies what evidence is useful?

Ok I'm gonna give you an idea what evidence I sent in with my PIP claim, this is only some of it and you can see I won't need a review.

Also the FE continues over the next page I'm not adding that. 

I also did the same for my ESA.
    As a complete outsider the whole package that you put together from the initial claim form (PIP2) to a range of other professional evidence each supporting the other.
    Just from what I have read it was clear cut to me that you would have easily had an award. The testing of the contents of the PIP2 was more than carried out by the other evidence submitted. In effect you carried out all that was needed. Produce the claim, make your case and then supply irrefutable evidence to back it all up - fantastic job done Q.E.D.

Not to have sent in the supporting evidence you would probably have not been given any award and would have had to go to a tribunal where it could be tested.

It does go to show that the contents of the PIP2 counts for nothing unless good independent supporting evidence is made available Exactly what Mike & I disagree on - it's not what you, your friends or family write about, it's about testing what is being said by other evidence.
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    edited October 2018
    Calm down guys this is how I feel I was awarded mine. 

I won't say either that the PIP2 counts for nothing by any means, I feel it's because of all the support and help with all my evidence detailing me and my life along with my PIP2. So it's a balance of the two. Evidence and form.

I see my Support four times a week and they monitor me all the time and they know my full situation and I believe because they no my day to day functional habits it was easier to make a decision on me and they were categorically told if they needed further infomation to contact them all. 

I dont know wether they did or not, I don't know.

I'm  just so glad its over and was sorted. Also I don't see much of my PIP anyway.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• meri92
    meri92 Community member Posts: 13 Connected
    Hi every one, 

Just thought I'd see if anyone can help me out on this 

As you can tell from my previous question I'm at the tribunal stage of my claim. The 28 days have passed for the dwp to respond and they haven't as of yet. My previous claim went to tribunal and that time the dwp responded within two weeks with all the paperwork. 

How common is it for them not to respond in time and should I bother to ring up the dwp to see what's happening ? 
  • meri92
    @Username_removed

Statement of reasons ? 

I haven't had the appeal yet I'm just at the first stage where you send of your appeal the tribunal and they're waiting for the dwps response to my appeal. 

I've not had the hearing yet. 
  • meri92
    Okay thanks for letting me know, so I guess it's just a waiting game now . 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.