What treatment has helped your pain levels? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What treatment has helped your pain levels?

Bernie007
Bernie007 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi im new here i suffer from chronic lower back pain also chronic depression pain in my knees and ankles take my pain meds which i dont think help the pain. I can only walk short distances due to pain in my lower back hips groin area had an accident while at work 6 or 7 years ago plus broke my tail bone whilst i was pregnant it never healed properly have had trouble sitting for years. I have had injections in my spine which did help for a short while then pain management course that s when i found out i would have this pain for the rest of my life and could not have spine injections done again as stopped doing them. I went to pain clinic refered by my gp had steroid injection in my tail bone it made no difference to my pain so going back to pain clinic in a few days any help would be great so sick of this pain have any of you had any treatment that helped your pain levels ? x

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Bernie007 welcome to the community?

Sorry to hear this, sounds awful! Has your GP suggested physiotherapy?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Bernie007
    Bernie007 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    yes had this done at the start but did not help  so got ref to pain clinic  just thought someone might have had something done that helped even a bit with pain  said they don t do acupuncture on nhs anymore or injections into the spine so at a loss feeling so sorry for myself and everyone else who is in pain xxx
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    You might like to check out dealing with chronic pain to read about others experiences and any tips and advice they have to offer:)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • l133yb
    l133yb Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi, i had sinal injections which gave a short term relief and then ladt year i had my nerves quartersised (chopped) and i don't suffer that pain any more,  i suffer other chronic pain thou which cant be helped except relief from strong pain killers. Just a suggestion ~ you could ask about having your nerves chopped when you go to see the pain management clinic xx
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    @KarmaMar what is the pain in your feet? I have fibromyalgia and I get sciatic pain and plantar fasciitis pain. The last one is very hard to bear as i walk to and from work 5 days a week and I’m in agony after. For most of my breakthrough pain as well as my meds I use a microwave rice neck warmer as it’s flexible and quick. I put it under my elevated foot or on my sciatic hip and it helps for a short time. You can get injections in your feet but my g p says it’s hit and miss and he doesn’t do it. I have a body pillow in bed which helps support me from the side where it’s painful and it’s provides warmth and padding.  I’m trying hemp oil past few months which o think helps generally but not much for pain. I’m also looking for ideas for pain relief. I can’t take ibuprofen as I’m asthmatic although my g p says I could try a low dose and see if it affects me . No thanks I get a dry cough. My friend is vaping cbd oil which they say is really helping pain. I’m tempted. I just had physio on NHS. 3 sessions for sciatic pain which helped a bit then discharged. I attend pain clinic via my g p which is a pharmacist and I’m not sure it’s helping as they just look at my meds and reduced my pain meds to see if it reduced some side affects which it did biy pain increased. O really think you need to be forewarned and foresrmed with NHS  as they tend to aim low in my experience. I think getting some ideas before you go of possible treatments then you can say them at your appointment. Good luck 
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    That’s awful 

Brightness