PIP Appeal - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Appeal

Comments

• Hooley101
    Hooley101 Community member Posts: 15 Connected
    I have had my PIP taken off me just like that.  The letter says a doubt has arisen regarding my health conditions.  I can't imagine how they have come to think this I don't work anymore and I am waiting for a spinal procedure amongst other things.  The DWP just do what they like! What sort of people can do this to others?
  • Lindaann
    Lindaann Community member Posts: 41 Connected
    When my daughter had her first face to face assessment she could hardly speak due to facial pain...was struggling walking and the assessor said he could see how she was struggling ! Didnt ask her to do things because of the pain.in the report it said she was well presented and didnt seem anxious at all ... she suffers from fybromyalgia and has had to run down her business as  mobile hairdresser to the bare minimum which she has just a handful of clients that understand she cant always deliver her service !at 33 with 3 children under 5 she has to rely on family and friends to help .stress and fybro do not go well together ...do they not care in the least what this does to people !
    Its upsetting to see how she tries to cope and yet feels like shes having to beg for help !!!

• debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    I understand 
  • Lindaann
    Its so upsetting to see my beautiful daughter suffer as she does...why do they not see it ? 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Hooley101 said:
    I have had my PIP taken off me just like that.  The letter says a doubt has arisen regarding my health conditions.  I can't imagine how they have come to think this I don't work anymore and I am waiting for a spinal procedure amongst other things.  The DWP just do what they like! What sort of people can do this to others?
    Are you being investigated for benefit fraud?

Maybe someone has passed info about you to the fraud hotline? 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 33 Courageous
    I totally get it as one of my illnesses is fibromyalgia and it is an  absolutely awful debilitating illness that no one takes seriously !! What I say is people need to educate themselves on this illness before passing any judgement or pretending to understand, cos trust me until u suffer from this illness yourself or live with some who does then u have no idea what we go through daily. 
    Keep fighting! 
  • Hooley101
    I really don't know what's going on I had an face to face assessment in August 2017 why stop it now?
  • Lindaann
    The assessor told my daughter that he had to read up on this illness as they didnt know enough about it ... are these people heartless ?x
  • Hooley101
    I have ME/CFS which has no proven medical cause so it is very like fibromyalgia I wake up some days feeling that my soul has been dragged from my body.  I have a plethora of other proven medical ailments with many hospital appointments next month.  I have contacted my MP for support he says he will look into it so we shall see.
  • Lindaann
    Durely they shouldnt just stop it without first speaking to you ? Your gps have all the history so why is this not enough ? Last week my daughter asked for a written report and her gp said all gps have been told by dwp they have NOT to write letters of support ...what does this tell us ...my daughter was sat there crying in agony and was prescribed morphine as a last resort ! X
  • [Deleted User]
    My doctor somethings had to refer to an American doctors website but it is know it’s just that it’s a complex illness that no one even the doctors don’t fully understand so they choose to dismiss it. 
    I am very fortunate that my doctor is more clued up on fibro and is such a big help. He has written me a really good letter of support but wether they take it into acccount is another issue. 
  • [Deleted User]
    Lindann... have the DWP really said that doctors can’t write letters of support ? My gp has written me one only last week ? 
  • Lindaann
    When did your gp write your letter as they have been stopped from doing it now x
  • [Deleted User]
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Mpreston said:
    Lindann... have the DWP really said that doctors can’t write letters of support ? My gp has written me one only last week ? 
    Of course they can write whatever they feel like. What matters is how much weight will the DWP and/or a Tribunal give it.
  • [Deleted User]
    Why would they stop this it’s insane surely ones GP knows best on the individuals health. It’s ridiculous 
  • Lindaann
    Mpreston ...yes my daughter asked last fri and gp said she was so sorry but they can no longer do it as told by dwp !
  • Lindaann
    Well i was with her when she told her !gp said she didnt agree but was nothing she could do x
  • [Deleted User]
    Lindaann: Wow that’s crazy. Just unreal and so unfair. Maybe it’s a new thing and I just managed to get one in time. So sorry to hear that 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.