What to expect at a PIP assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What to expect at a PIP assessment

amyleon2
amyleon2 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited October 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi was just looking for bit of advice I have got my pip assement on Friday and don't no what to expect I am taken my daughter with me 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @amyleon2 welcome to the community!

Have a look at the information and videos regarding preparing for a PIP assessment. I am sure members of he community will be more than happy to share their experiences of their PIP assessment, to give advice and tips. Hope this helps!

Please let us know if you need any further help and I wish you all the best for your assessment! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @amyleon2, and a warm welcome to the community!

Do have a look at the link above provided by Ami, and feel free to come back to us with any questions. Many of our members have been through the process themselves and will be happy to offer guidance. Otherwise, we're wishing you all the best for Friday!
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    amyleon2 said:
    Hi was just looking for bit of advice I have got my pip assement on Friday and don't no what to expect I am taken my daughter with me 
    That is an impossible question to answer.

Everybody has different views and opinions. I would suggest that you have a look at the above link for an idea what could happen.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    For information, the acessor, will have acess to cctv footage from outside and in and around the acessment center. They know how  far it is from the  nearest car parks, bus stops and train stations. So when asked how you traveled to your acessment and say for example by car they may or will ask where you parked. You found Parking ok. When you answer they will know how many yards it is from cer park to center so you can walk mange this distance. Be warned.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    wilko said:
    For information, the acessor, will have acess to cctv footage from outside and in and around the acessment center. They know how  far it is from the  nearest car parks, bus stops and train stations. So when asked how you traveled to your acessment and say for example by car they may or will ask where you parked. You found Parking ok. When you answer they will know how many yards it is from cer park to center so you can walk mange this distance. Be warned.
    If coming by car or taxi be sure to be dropped off outside the door in order to avoid this type of shenanigan.
    If someone is coming with you, get them to bring a 10 metre tape measure and get them to measure the distance from the door to the waiting area. They may be evicted by security but there is nothing illegal about measuring it. :|

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.