Pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip

sam12
sam12 Posts: 1,338 Pioneering
Does having a boyfriend effect your pip wen get married. I know was is not. 

Comments

• Peasmold_01
    Peasmold_01 Community member Posts: 144 Pioneering
    Not sure what you are asking? If you are asking if you marry does it affect your PIP, then no it does not, as PIP is not assessed on your personal relationship situation at the time of the award

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,329 Disability Gamechanger
    sam12 said:
     I know was is not. 
    Do you mean you know ESA isn't affect rather than was? If so then yes, ESA can be affected but it depends which ESA you're claiming. If it's Income Related then yes it will be affected by your boyfriends income when you live together. If it's contributions based ESA then no it's not affected.

I believe you asked this question once before and i'm sure you said you are claiming Income Related ESA.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • sam12
    I said I know I kant have esa. But my lip be OK wen I win appeal this wat I meant
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,329 Disability Gamechanger
    PIP isn't means tested and won't be affected.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • sam12
    I knew that. When the assessment advisor scared me even in the report. I spoke to my lawyer told me not to worry. Thanks 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.