PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

Pip

sam12sam12 Posts: 1,338 Member
Does having a boyfriend effect your pip wen get married. I know was is not. 

Replies

• Peasmold_01Peasmold_01 Member Posts: 144 Pioneering
    Not sure what you are asking? If you are asking if you marry does it affect your PIP, then no it does not, as PIP is not assessed on your personal relationship situation at the time of the award

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,934 Disability Gamechanger
    sam12 said:
     I know was is not. 
    Do you mean you know ESA isn't affect rather than was? If so then yes, ESA can be affected but it depends which ESA you're claiming. If it's Income Related then yes it will be affected by your boyfriends income when you live together. If it's contributions based ESA then no it's not affected.

I believe you asked this question once before and i'm sure you said you are claiming Income Related ESA.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • sam12sam12 Posts: 1,338 Member
    I said I know I kant have esa. But my lip be OK wen I win appeal this wat I meant
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,934 Disability Gamechanger
    PIP isn't means tested and won't be affected.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • sam12sam12 Posts: 1,338 Member
    I knew that. When the assessment advisor scared me even in the report. I spoke to my lawyer told me not to worry. Thanks 
Sign in or join us to comment.