Tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tribunal

Options
jaqisitt
jaqisitt Community member Posts: 22 Connected
Have recently had my review by DWP refused. I have Parkinson's and when I had my review assessment my benefit was reduced despite the assessor saying she would recommend it was increased. A major issue was that report states I have normal grip and pinch strength. The assessor didn't asssess me for this but it's my word against hers. I am going to request a tribunal. On the form it asks why you are requesting a tribunal. Any suggestions what to write would be really helpful. The DWP didn't give me an opportunity to present evidence for a review .I asked tget to send me the evidence they had for their decision so I could respond with mine . I heard nothing until I got a letter saying they had looked at it again and stood by their decision. 

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear this @jaqisitt, it sounds like a really frustrating situation. Will you be taking this to tribunal? 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2018
    Options
    jaqisitt said:
     Any suggestions what to write would be really helpful.  
    I can think of a few choice words and phrases but none will help you get a PIP award!!  >:)
  • jaqisitt
    jaqisitt Community member Posts: 22 Connected
    Options
    Ha ha! I had to check their report was about the right person. It bore no resemblance to conversation. I contacted mp saying we should have the right to see what they have written before they leave our homes
  • cokeen43
    cokeen43 Community member Posts: 23 Connected
    Options
    Same with me i refused to do it but according to her report i had the strength of the hulk, get all medical evidence you can off drs, consultants, anyone, dwp should have given you 28days by law to send in further evidence; if they didnt there wrong, all you can do is say your side and evidence really, good luck

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.