Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Have recently had my review by DWP refused. I have Parkinson's and when I had my review assessment my benefit was reduced despite the assessor saying she would recommend it was increased. A major issue was that report states I have normal grip and pinch strength. The assessor didn't asssess me for this but it's my word against hers. I am going to request a tribunal. On the form it asks why you are requesting a tribunal. Any suggestions what to write would be really helpful. The DWP didn't give me an opportunity to present evidence for a review .I asked tget to send me the evidence they had for their decision so I could respond with mine . I heard nothing until I got a letter saying they had looked at it again and stood by their decision.
- 48.1K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.8K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 608 Work and employment
- 509 Education
- 926 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 903 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 573 Chronic pain and pain management
- 631 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 681 Autism and neurodiversity
- 814 Mental health and wellbeing
- 282 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.