PIP Disallowed what happens next — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Disallowed what happens next

Options
standup85
standup85 Community member Posts: 19 Listener
Hi everyone,
I have just joined, hoping to get some advice.
My son has Aspergers, ADHD, Sleep onset problems, Anxiety and hypermobility. He was in receipt of middle rate care and lower mobility, this will all come to a holt next month due to Pip claim being disallowed. The assessor(Capita) I've already complained about,  lie from the get go, said she started assessment at a time and she hasn't arrived, said my son was alone throughout home visit then further in report states I was with my son. Every descriptor was contradictory to what was said, missed out our answers, a complete lie. I am of course upset about this but I'm going to fight the decision. Wrote a lengthy MD based on report as haven't had letter yet. Any advice of what else I could do?
Thank you in advance. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,222 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Are you his appointee? If so then once you have the decision is made you have 28 days to request the MR. Put this in writing stating what you disagree with, where you think he should have scored those points and why. Avoid any lies that may have been told in the report because DWP won't be interested in any of those. Evidence will be needed if you didn't send any to support his claim.

Any complaints about the report should be sent to the health assessment providers.

Only 17% of MR decision's change but 71% of those who appear in person at their Tribunal have a decision in their favour. I'd advise contacting your local welfare rights or law centre near you for help and further advice. If you can get a representative then that's even better. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • standup85
    standup85 Community member Posts: 19 Listener
    Options
    Hi,

Are you his appointee? If so then once you have the decision is made you have 28 days to request the MR. Put this in writing stating what you disagree with, where you think he should have scored those points and why. Avoid any lies that may have been told in the report because DWP won't be interested in any of those. Evidence will be needed if you didn't send any to support his claim.

Any complaints about the report should be sent to the health assessment providers.

Only 17% of MR decision's change but 71% of those who appear in person at their Tribunal have a decision in their favour. I'd advise contacting your local welfare rights or law centre near you for help and further advice. If you can get a representative then that's even better. Good luck.
    Hi 
    Thanks for your reply. I am his Appointee, have cross referenced the reports and put the disagreements etc.
    I have emailed my local MP and I will get in contact with CAB or Law centres. Just so stressful trying to deal with this and my exams coming up.
    I complaint directly to Capita in regards to the assessor.
    Lorna

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.