PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

PIP Disallowed what happens next

standup85standup85 Member Posts: 19 Listener
Hi everyone,
I have just joined, hoping to get some advice.
My son has Aspergers, ADHD, Sleep onset problems, Anxiety and hypermobility. He was in receipt of middle rate care and lower mobility, this will all come to a holt next month due to Pip claim being disallowed. The assessor(Capita) I've already complained about,  lie from the get go, said she started assessment at a time and she hasn't arrived, said my son was alone throughout home visit then further in report states I was with my son. Every descriptor was contradictory to what was said, missed out our answers, a complete lie. I am of course upset about this but I'm going to fight the decision. Wrote a lengthy MD based on report as haven't had letter yet. Any advice of what else I could do?
Thank you in advance. 

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Are you his appointee? If so then once you have the decision is made you have 28 days to request the MR. Put this in writing stating what you disagree with, where you think he should have scored those points and why. Avoid any lies that may have been told in the report because DWP won't be interested in any of those. Evidence will be needed if you didn't send any to support his claim.

Any complaints about the report should be sent to the health assessment providers.

Only 17% of MR decision's change but 71% of those who appear in person at their Tribunal have a decision in their favour. I'd advise contacting your local welfare rights or law centre near you for help and further advice. If you can get a representative then that's even better. Good luck.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • standup85standup85 Member Posts: 19 Listener
    Hi,

Are you his appointee? If so then once you have the decision is made you have 28 days to request the MR. Put this in writing stating what you disagree with, where you think he should have scored those points and why. Avoid any lies that may have been told in the report because DWP won't be interested in any of those. Evidence will be needed if you didn't send any to support his claim.

Any complaints about the report should be sent to the health assessment providers.

Only 17% of MR decision's change but 71% of those who appear in person at their Tribunal have a decision in their favour. I'd advise contacting your local welfare rights or law centre near you for help and further advice. If you can get a representative then that's even better. Good luck.
    Hi 
    Thanks for your reply. I am his Appointee, have cross referenced the reports and put the disagreements etc.
    I have emailed my local MP and I will get in contact with CAB or Law centres. Just so stressful trying to deal with this and my exams coming up.
    I complaint directly to Capita in regards to the assessor.
    Lorna

Sign in or join us to comment.