PIP Appeal - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Appeal

Options

Comments

• Hills41
    Hills41 Community member Posts: 14 Courageous
    Options
    Our mp wrote support letter but it made no difference. 
  • Lindaann
    Lindaann Community member Posts: 41 Connected
    Options
    My husband went to her first assessment and the young paramedic that interviewed her said i can tell how youre suffering ...dont worry with all my information you will qualify ...they arent meant to say that but they were his words !
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 33 Courageous
    Options
    My assessment report was full of false information. Stuff I did not even say. 
  • Hooley101
    Hooley101 Community member Posts: 15 Connected
    Options
    Hills41 if that's the case I have nothing more I can do about it .  I have already sent in an appeal although they said I can't and I have an appointment with the citizens Advice next week.  I will keep on fighting but my health is poor and some days I don't have the strength to do it.
  • Lindaann
    Options
    As was my daughters ! The young man was very sympathetic towards her but yet in the letter of rejection there were lues ... i cant imagine he would have written them 
  • Hills41
    Options
    Same. came to our home and interviewed yet wrote opposite of everything we said
  • Hooley101
    Options
    Yadnad said:
    Hooley101 said:
    I have had my PIP taken off me just like that.  The letter says a doubt has arisen regarding my health conditions.  I can't imagine how they have come to think this I don't work anymore and I am waiting for a spinal procedure amongst other things.  The DWP just do what they like! What sort of people can do this to others?
    Are you being investigated for benefit fraud?

Maybe someone has passed info about you to the fraud hotline? 
    Well I can't think what they would say if they have.  What a cruel thing to do!
  • Lindaann
    Options
    Cant trust anyone love these days x
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hooley101: Fibro is an invisible illness as is all my other illnesses and people often comment that I look normal ! That was in my assessment too. 
    So going back to someone reporting u just makes me so angry really does.. how do they know what u are going through or what u are suffering from. NOT ALL DISABILITIES ARE VISIBLE. 
  • Lindaann
    Options
    I totally agree ... not all illnesses are visible but some folks are ignorant x
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    My g p wrote me a letter at appeal. I think we need to see the facts about this if possible, I wasnt aware the DWP could tell doctors what to do. I would get a second opinion. 
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi guys got my tribunal decision today - declined!!! 
    I’m in shock! 
    I don’t understand how they came to this decision .. I use many aids, I can’t work . Can’t cook can’t walk far can’t go out much, can’t shower without help can’t dress without help the list goes on. And I have a strong letter of support from my doctor. I really don’t know where I go from here 
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    By the way u prob know my previous username as MPreston 
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Mickey1

Sorry to hear your bad news.  You can appeal to an upper tribunal if there has been an error of law.  You need to ask judge for a statement of reasons and then show this to CAB, local authority welfare rights or a solicitor to id an error of law if there was one.  Or you can make a new PIP claim right away.  remember, PIP is awarded for how your conditions affect your daily living and mobility.  Try to get f2f advice from CAB or similar, or welfare rights.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thanks . 
    I honestly cannot put in a fresh claim this whole process has been so awful it has destroyed me ... trying to get hold of CAB proving impossible 
  • Hooley101
    Options
    Mickey1 So sorry to hear your bad news.  The whole process is a terrible ordeal for most of us.  I think the CAB is our only hope I have an appointment on Monday.  Good luck
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I’ve managed to get a hold of CAB she says the only thing I can do is reapply again go to higher tribunal if I can .. and there’s no way I am Reapply I just can go through that again x
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    There is no reasons y they have declined me so I’ll have to request that before I can go to higher appeal 
  • Hills41
    Options
    That's the stage we are at. Waiting game again 
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Did you manage to get a statement of reason ? 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.