PIP Appeal - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Appeal

Comments

• Hills41
    Hills41 Community member Posts: 14 Courageous
    Asked for it September still waiting. When u phone pip to ask where it is. Reply it will be there when it gets there. 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 33 Courageous
    Omg. This is absolutely disgusting the way they treat us. I’m still in shock with the amount of care I need daily I was still declined .. what hope is there for everyone else 
  • Hills41
    I am my husbands carer and now no money since April. Yet he hasn't been miraculously recovered from multiple sclerosis. Heartbreaking seeing him without car and job thanks to government. 
  • [Deleted User]
    It’s so wrong !!! 
  • Lindaann
    Lindaann Community member Posts: 41 Connected
    This is all so wrong ... genuine people should get their needs met especially if they have paid their dues in ...x
  • [Deleted User]
    I just don’t know what I am going to do now financially... really worrying times 
  • Lindaann
    Lindaann Community member Posts: 41 Connected
    Do they have no heart ? How would they like a family member to be treated this way !
  • [Deleted User]
    Honestly having sat in that tribunal and be treated the way I was I can tell u they have no hearts they simply do not care at all. I was crying with anxiety they way they were talking to me and they just carried on then dismissed me. I hope no one else has to go through that but the truth is they prob will. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm sorry to hear this. Request the statement of reasons and record of proceedings and get someone to look at them to see if the error in law was made.

Did you send any other evidence other than a letter from your GP? Letters from GP's aren't the best evidence because a GP doesn't know how your conditions affect you. They will only know what you've told them, which isn't evidence, it's just your words.

If you are planning on starting a new claim in the future then i'd advise you to get some help because claiming again using the same evidence as this claim may see another refusal.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • [Deleted User]
    They had evidence of my several conditions from hospital letters and scans and xrays and stuff and my GP letter and knew I am under the pain clinic.yes I will be requesting a statement of reasons as I don’t want to apply again I just can’t put myself through that process again it was awful. I rang my CAB and they said they don’t do face to face appointments so how do I get someone to look at the statement of reason (this is just so ridiculously hard and unfair ) 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Mickey1 said:
    They had evidence of my several conditions from hospital letters and scans and xrays and stuff and my GP letter and knew I am under the pain clinic.yes I will be requesting a statement of reasons as I don’t want to apply again I just can’t put myself through that process again it was awful. I rang my CAB and they said they don’t do face to face appointments so how do I get someone to look at the statement of reason (this is just so ridiculously hard and unfair ) 
    So sorry to hear of your situation.
    You are not on your own either - been there too at a Tribunal ( I was described as a drug dealer and non credible witness at an appeal for my wife's Attendance Allowance claim).

After 3 PIP face to face assessments in the past 5 years I knew that I too could not go on any longer having to fight every decision that the DWP came up with.
    I just gave up the whole thing earlier this year as at 70 the system was making me ill.

As for the CAB, I went there looking for help in 2013 and was told to go home and they would get back in touch with me to come back in - never heard a thing from them in the past 5 years!! I was probably deemed a waste of space.

• Hills41
    CAB was pointless to us after waiting months on appointment giving us glimmer of hope then tore us to shreds after leaving us half an hour in a small room while he read our notes possibly while eating his lunch. Worse than tribunal 
  • Hills41
    Multiple sclerosis can be affected by stress I have spent most of my married life protecting my husband from stress for government to come along and demoralise it all. 
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @Hills41

You need to chase tribunal clerk, not PIP, for statement of reasons.

@Mickey1

If CAB are of no help, try local authority welfare rights.

• [Deleted User]
    @matilda
    thank you. 
    To everyone
    we are all in a similar situation and it’s just so wrong. I know for certain I cannot put myself through any this any longer then have broke me down. 
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    It's hard but we have to fight on.  we can't let the ******** get us down.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Matilda said:
    @Hills41

You need to chase tribunal clerk, not PIP, for statement of reasons.

@Mickey1

If CAB are of no help, try local authority welfare rights.

Not many of them around either with councils having to make drastic cuts.
    You may be lucky as some area in the UK do seem to be hanging onto them against the odds.
    Those councils must have more money stashed away than they are letting on.
  • [Deleted User]
    Have u sat in front of a tribunal and been spoken to the way we all say we have been spoken to and treated the way we all say we have been treated  ?? Just a question 
  • [Deleted User]
    I don’t agree. I was well prepared and answered every question was still treated like a criminal and like shi.. 
  • [Deleted User]
    My evidence was not all midical ! But unfortunately I cannot write the whole hours worth i was in there on here. But anyway whatever 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.