PIP review — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP review

Options
ianmc007
ianmc007 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I had a pip review yesterday for my ptsd,the woman interviewing me kept   Recycling The same question 1st do I have nightmares= yes, then she asks do I sleep = yes,  obviously  Because I get nightmares then asked do I have problems sleeping yes because of the nightmares, I got  agitated and told her to stop asking me the same question as it was making me anxious,after that she asked how I self harm so I gave a demonstration out of frustration and punched myself in the face saying I harm myself like this,I am now worried because she got me to act in a manner that’s not me, my anger and frustration took over me,I am now concerned I will have lost my pip, could anyone help put my mind at rest as I am a bag of nerves right now.thank you. 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @ianmc007 welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear what has happened.. I know it is easier said than done but try not to worry too much. I'm sure other members of the community will be in contact with you soon to reassure you :)

If you are having thoughts of self harm or suicide, it is important that you discuss them with someone who is qualified to help. Please call the Samaritans on 116 123 (free) or email them at jo@samaritans.org

You might also benefit from reading MIND’s information on how you can help yourself: https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/types-of-mental-health-problems/suicidal-feelings/helping-yourself-now

If you feel that you may be an immediate danger to yourself, please call 999 or go to your local hospital right away.

Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @ianmc007, and a warm welcome to the community!

Thanks for sharing this with us, and I'm sorry to hear about your PIP review. It sounds like it was a distressing experience for you. As Ami has mentioned, please do seek help using the resources above if you're currently experiencing thoughts of suicide or self-harm. 

Unfortunately nobody can predict what somebody's PIP outcome will be, however no matter what the outcome is, we'll be here on the community to support you. Please do keep us updated, and look after yourself. I hope today's as kind as possible to you. 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    ianmc007 said:
     I got  agitated and told her to stop asking me the same question as it was making me anxious,after that she asked how I self harm so I gave a demonstration out of frustration and punched myself in the face saying I harm myself like this!!
    You kept your cool - I would have gone a lot further and asked her if she wanted me to show her - but wouldn't as she would be out of it for at least 30mins!!

• topshoes
    topshoes Community member Posts: 442 Pioneering
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Hi @ianmc007 i am sorry to hear you had a bad time , please  try not to worry over it .i am starting to think maybe us on here should be doing all the assessments , i for one would not have the time or effort to keep on repeating myself. 
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Sounds like you were just being real. Good luck 
    @fedupScot13
  • topshoes
    topshoes Community member Posts: 442 Pioneering
    Options

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.