F2F assessment came today it's on the 30th — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

F2F assessment came today it's on the 30th

Firefly123
Firefly123 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
Got the letter this morning my sons f2f is on Tuesday and he's panicking so much. At least its at home but not sure how it will go as atm have all 3 at home as my daughter has been excluded and my other sons college has a teacher training day on Tuesday. Anyway as his appointee I've been told I can speak for him just wish I was not so mentally drained. From what I've read on here I know we are extremely lucky to have it at home without even asking.
Any advice much appreciated thanks 

Comments

• Peasmold_01
    Peasmold_01 Community member Posts: 144 Pioneering
    Slow the pace of the F2F down to your speed. Don't get pressured by Assessor. Try and keep the other children out of the room, or pack them off to friends for the afternoon, if you can. It is mostly box ticking exercise, however, write notes as the F2F progresses. Don't rely on memory. If the Assessor says something you don't agree with, don't raise it there and then, just note, and time it (i.e put the time that you made that particular note) You are not permitted to record the F2F, unless you tell the Assessor prior to the F2F commencing, and you can provide a copy of the recording, to the Assessor before they leave. Complicated, and I would not advise it. Make, in advance, as many notes, that you are able, on the impact of your son's disabilities on his daily living, and also the impact it has upon you and the rest of the family. As much information that you are able to provide at the F2F will go a long way, if you have to apply for an MR or go to Tribunal. 

Keep calm, don't let the Assessor rush you, or intimidate you or your son.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Slow the pace of the F2F down to your speed. Don't get pressured by Assessor............Keep calm, don't let the Assessor rush you, or intimidate you or your son.
    For some, and certainly not all assessments you will not be allowed to set the pace of the assessment.
    I have experienced 3 face to face assessments and none of them allowed me to give a full explanation. In general they consisted of the assessor asking a question/making a statement that only needed a yes/no answer. Indeed when trying to add more information I found that the assessments had moved on to the next question.
    Say something that the assessor doesn't want to hear or object to the way the assessment is being carried out normally leads to a warning from the assessor that you are being obstructive and the assessment may well be terminated due to non co-operation.
  • Tardis
    Tardis Community member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    Don't let yadnad worry you.  I'm sure you have no intention of being obstructive during the assessment.  Although one of my children was lucky enough to have a paper assessment, the other has had several face to face assessments with me present.  On no occasion did the assessor try to stop me speaking and they generally encouraged it (although I was not even appointee for that child).
  • Firefly123
    Thanks yous for the advice 
    Good luck to you also @MsAnxious
  • topshoes
    topshoes Community member Posts: 442 Pioneering
    edited October 2018
    all i will say is all the best as i had mine yesterday , please let us know how you got on xx
  • Tardis
    Tardis Community member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    Good luck to all of you!
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Tardis said:
    Don't let yadnad worry you.  I'm sure you have no intention of being obstructive during the assessment.  Although one of my children was lucky enough to have a paper assessment, the other has had several face to face assessments with me present.  On no occasion did the assessor try to stop me speaking and they generally encouraged it (although I was not even appointee for that child).
    As I said, I can only repeat what I have said that it was based on my experience of three face to face assessments.
    Others have in the past also reported the same where the assessor has rushed through the assessment leaving no time for the claimant to actually discuss their issues in full.
    On the other hand some assessors are open to a discussion as noted by others also on here. It really depends on the assessor that you are given.
  • Firefly123
    I guess I will have to wait and see how it goes 
  • Firefly123
    I wish you good luck. we are still waiting they are now 50 mins late and my son is so stressed waiting 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.